Sopranos Spoiler Spilling: SPOILERS! (1 Viewer)

jane

Website
www.ittybittyhearingtrumpet.wordpress.com
Dudes, if you are reading this and you haven't seen Season 6, Episode 1, just stop now. Trust me on this.

If you're still reading: do you think Junior knew he did it? I mean, obviously, the cliffhanger is not 'Will Tony live?' because we know that, even if he's going to be killed off, it won't be in the first episode, and duh, that would be a cheap move anyway. The real 'cliffhanger' moment is: does Junior know what he did? And did he do it on purpose? GENIUS. Because given how rapidly he was deteriorating near the end of Season 5, there's no telling how bad it could get in the 18 months between the two seasons. There's no way for a viewer to really know whether Junior's dementia is semi-permanent, or if he has long periods of lucidity because we've only seen him for a little bit, and only because he was being demented. How tragic he is, though. Really sad to see him like that.

But what an opener! Genius.

And Tony talking business with Carmela?! Oh shit. Oh my god. And I wonder is Angie Bompensiero a little bit more involved in the 'business' herself?

While not far into the episode, it becomes clear that Eugene is not long for this world, I was totally taken by surprise that he'd flipped. OH MY GOD.

Vito obsessed with dieting? Also hilarious. A bit pally with Phil, ain't he? And did Ginny Sack get FATTER?

There's no way he knew. He thought Tony was Pussy Malanga. What's going to be interesting is how his act affects his and tony's relationship after he inevitable regains his lucidity at some point (be it permanent or otherwise)

also, that long opening sequence that ended with the model train. Mind-blowing.

I don't know... Two years have passed since Uncle Jun first started to dote. I don't think he did do it deliberately but I could be wrong...

Catwoman said:
I don't know... Two years have passed since Uncle Jun first started to dote. I don't think he did do it deliberately but I could be wrong...

See, this is the thing. If he did it in a moment of lucidity, it means that he is still, on the whole, at least lucid enough to know that his dementia is setting in, and he might have just been feigning it. And if he's feigning it, he's still lucid enough to do something that requires that much control over his own sanity.

But we don't know what his general mental state is right now. He was beginning to lose it in Season 5, but we have no idea, not only how far gone he is, but what's gone on between him and Tony since then.

What an awesome, awesome storyline. I mean, most shows would just have Tony get shot because of a beef with someone, rather than work so fucking hard to make it really interesting. In a way, it's a very standard trope for a mystery, the whole 'start with the crime, then supply back story', but used to great effect.

FUCKING SHIT, why do we have to wait DAYS AND DAYS for the next one?

Dude, I may borrow Comet after all. That fucking mouse is sitting RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND ME, under the FUCKING BOOKCASE. CHEWING. (Please, mousie, just not the wires!)

jane said:
Dude, I may borrow Comet after all. That fucking mouse is sitting RIGHT FUCKING BEHIND ME, under the FUCKING BOOKCASE. CHEWING. (Please, mousie, just not the wires!)

When I was at uni we had an infestation of mice. Now you know I like baby animals right? Not mice - the babies are bold and run out over your feet and stuff whereas the adults hide behind furniture and stuff. So we phoned the council who came and put down poison. 'Won't we be finding dead mice all over the place?' I asked the exterminator. 'No, they'll feel sick and go outside and die' he said. And I believed him.

Til I stuck my hand down the side of the sofa looking for a lighter and retrieved a dead mouse.

I fear Comet would just play with the fucker. He seems a bit soft that way...

What did we think of the new one? Thought the dream sequence was a bit dull.

I'm loving AJ at the mo. He's such a little bollix.

Catwoman said:
What did we think of the new one? Thought the dream sequence was a bit dull.

I'm loving AJ at the mo. He's such a little bollix.

I thought the dream/purgatory sequence went on a bit long, but there was a lot of interesting stuff in it. And yeah, AJ's total bolloxness is pretty excellent. He's trying to try, but he's just not used to having to do anything for anyone else, not even care about them.

But the really important thing is, what I want to see is, ALL ROSALIE APRILE, ALL THE TIME.

Vito is clearly upset that Tony has awoken from his coma, but I think it's hilarious that his weight loss has made him into an arrogant fuck. It won't be his budding sexuality that gets him clipped, it'll be his relationship with Phil Leotardo and his rather ambitious desire to skip all the way up the chain of command and become boss ASAP.

But actually, I think Vito's sexuality is not all that exciting. Ok, so the guy is at least bi, yeah, but maybe it's just that I'm not buying Vito as a character. I don't really think he's all that spectacular. He has his moments, but sometimes he seems like such a cartoon, and an obvious foil, that it just doesn't do it for me. I look forward to him getting whacked. I wonder if he'll spurt custard when he expires?

Frank Vincent, by the way? Fucking amazing. Phil Leotardo just plain scared me in Season 5, but now I think he's much richer as a character.

I agree, he's very one-dimensional, not fleshed-out (guffaw) at all. I love Silvio so much. And his wife.

Vito's certainly more than a bit-parter in this series though isn't he? I'm not quite sure where they're going with the gay bit though. Is it just cos the the thought of a gay mobster is so difficult to comprehend?

I'm very interested in how the relationship with Phil L is going to pan out though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back