some indian guy invented acid house in 1982? (1 Viewer)

Hello. This is a fan page for Charanjit Singh. I have a recording of the second side of his album, "Ten Ragas To a Disco Beat." It is my ideal music. I know nothing about him. This album was made in 1983 perhaps.

Here, download Charanjit_Singh_-_2-1-Meghmalhar.mp3 and enjoy this fine noodling sound.

The music is nuanced while repetitive, electronic but warm, full. It seeks and it fills. It is perfect to work to but you can lose your mind within it. It is powerful and gentle. Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat is my best album to hear now, Fall of 2002.

http://www.links.net/dox/muzik/wurld/charanjit-singh.html

That tune is cool alright but Tom Dissevelt invented acid house in 1958...check out the first forty seconds of this;

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

can this be counted as acid house?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

bleep perhaps?

charanjitsinghtenragast.jpg

charanjitsinghtenragast.jpg

Until recently it wasn’t much more than some rumours on the web: a 1982 released LP called TEN RAGAS TO A DISCO BEAT containing Kraftwerk-like acid house music, years before the genre was invented.

So it turns out, the record was no rumour. Only a few hundred copies of the LP were ever pressed, and only a handful seem to have survived. Moreover, the LP outdoes all expectations. Performed on the synths that would later define Acid House, the Roland TB-303 and TR-808, the album sounds light years ahead of its time with its repetitive beats and hypnotic electronic melodies. Its maker, Bollywood session musician Charanjit Singh, set out to translate ancient Indian classical Ragas to the modern synthesizer and in doing so seems to have invented House music along the way. The 10 tracks make a consistent listen from A to Z. Its restrained minimalism and lack of cheesiness makes it incredibly contemporary, sounding animated, fluid and unabashedly alive.
- www.bombay-connection.com
...http://www.bombay-connection.com

I just listened to that 10 ragas lp.Its grrrrreeaaatttt!

Its like a mix of Krautrock with the good bits of Ozric Tentacles.ACE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back