SKINFUL Launch week (1 Viewer)

nessy

Website
www.musicmattersinternational.com
Skinful launch their new single today 'Finding Myself' and their album 'Reality TV' next Friday.

Inbetween the launch dates the band are putting on their own 'Reality Tv' show in the window of Tower Records, Wicklow Street, Dublin. So keep an eye out for jugglers, Comedians, footballers in the area along with some very special guests.

So if any of you guys have an unusual talent or are into something completely mad and would be up for being 'interviewed' for one of the shows email me: [email protected] and I'll make you famous! oh yeah.. a couple of news crews are due to cover it so it should be good

Also if you buy a copy of the single you will enter a draw to win a Sony Playstation and game (thanks to the nice Sony people).

The band are having a big launch bash on Friday 16th in Crawdaddy.
Doors 8pm
ADM €10 on the night or available from
The Sound Cellar
or
www.tickets.ie

www.skinful.eu
www.myspace.com/skinful

The Blurb

This summer it will be impossible to escape Skinful. The Dublin based band will release the single ‘Finding Myself’ on June 9th followed by the album ‘Reality TV’ on June 16th. The band let their personalities shine through in everything they do, including their not so conventional approach to promoting their new material.

'It was a choice of wearing a chicken suit or taking over Tower Records in Wicklow St. in Dublin for a week so we chose the latter,' laughs Megan. 'We're not shy about the fact that we want to get some attention for this album. The album is called 'Reality TV' so we thought it would be fun to run our own 'Reality TV' show out of the window of Tower Records. We were never going to be able to convince anyone to wear a chicken suit but everyone wants to be on TV so we've got some pretty fantastic special guests who want to play mannequin with us in the window.'

Skinful was born when singer Megan Albany and guitarist Marc Mittag met in a cafe in Sydney, Australia. Forty songs later it became obvious this songwriting duo was taking on a life of it's own. Skinful now call Ireland home and perform regularly with their Irish band which includes Dave Flynn (who played with Paddy Casey for 2 years, currently playing with Dave Couse and the Impossibles) and Steve Kohlmann (who has played drums for Grammy nominee Sophie B. Hawkins).

'It was a pretty organic thing in a funny way,' says Marc. 'Our sound was an accident more than anything. We love good songs and creating a mood. I guess it's a combination of being in love with songwriting but also being in love with a good groove.'

Skinful are passionate performers who speak out about things that they believe in. They have received airplay on Australian prime-time TV shows Rove Live and The Panel, as well as radio airplay in both Germany and Ireland. Skinful have also produced music for the children’s animation 'Pop Pups' currently screening on ABC TV in Australia and Fiji, Canal J in France as well as having tracks featured on the Australian TV show 'Neighbours'.

In 2005 Skinful headlined at three of Dublin’s premier festivals, the Heineken Green Energy Festival, the Miller Genuine Music Festival and the Fused Festival. Following on from the success of their debut album ‘Sex with That’, and the release of their new album ‘Reality TV’, Skinful seem destined for greater things.

‘Skinful are making some of the most extraordinary music on the Sydney scene, with beautiful melodies, pumping grooves and lush vocals.'

Juice Magazine (Australia’s Rolling Stone-style magazine)

Quick update:

Hi Guys,
Skinful's 'Reality TV' Launch week has been going fantastically well, with celebrity guests, dancers, jugglers and much more happening in the window of Tower Records. 'The Breakfast Show' has grabbed a lot of attention with the band turning up in their pyjamas to have breakfast in the window. It sure has been an odd site to see them walking down Grafton St every morning. For the final 'Breakfast Show', tomorrow, even yours truly will be getting into the spirit of things by turning up in my dressing gown! You can catch some footage of the weeks happenings at www.skinful.eu

It looks like the band will go Top 40 with the single 'Finding Myself'. The final Chart placing will be announced tomorrow morning in the windowat about 1030 ish

It's not over yet though as this evening (show scheduled to happen between 530 - 7), our dear friend Stephen will be getting his front and back waxed.. (yes you read it right) live in the window. Money that Stephen raises from the event will go to the Charity 'i to i'. Are Skinful taking it a step to far? Is this obsenity or is it an artform? You can decide by being there this evening and witnessing Stephen either grimancing with pain or taking it like a man?!

This evening will also see the organisers of the European Juggling Convention bringing some jugglers, stilt walkers and much more down to Tower Records.

All in all it has been a great week with Tower Records selling out of 'Finding Myself' three times, media and record company interest and the band planning a National Tour. (Somehow I don't think it will be a conventional tour).

Tomorrow evening you can catch the band live in Tower Records before they head off for the 'Reality TV' album launch in Crawdaddy. Support comes from the amazing beatboxer 'White Noise' Doors are at 8pm. We would love to see you there

Thanks for your time
ness

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back