Skate Parks and Skate Shops - Dublin Area (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
Entertaining my young skater nephews Saturday.
Any suggestions of whats the best Skate Park around the Dublin area?

also i know where G1 skate shop is...is there one in templebar near Dorans? or any others?

Entertaining my young skater nephews Saturday.
Any suggestions of whats the best Skate Park around the Dublin area?

also i know where G1 skate shop is...is there one in templebar near Dorans? or any others?

The only skate park I can think of is the one in bushy park near the terenure end of it. Always seems to be packed if thats anything to go by

Yeah you could get the dart to greystones from town, pretty sure any young fella you meet there would be able to tell you where the skatepark is, Its a good one too. Theres a skateshop called boulevard on abbey street also

theres one in monkstown, which is closer to the city centre than any of the others mentioned here (I think). if you get a 46a and ask the driver to let you off at the monkstown roundabout at blue pool swimming pool the skate park is there

yo,
there are actually almost a dozen outdoor parks around now.
i still skate from time to time.
swords is my usual as im up the road.
but there are very high quality and well run parks in:
greystones,
bushy park,
lucan,
swords,
blanchardstown.

all are free and none require pads or helmets. skate at your own risk.

any one of these should suffice but be warned they are big enough and if your nephews are beginners they might be fairly intimidated. at the same time they may really enjoy it but just keep an eye on them.
the one that timmo U.M mentioned in monkstown is more geared towards starters.

G1 would be the main and cheapest suppliers.
skate city is located directly across from eamonn dorans.
blvd on south williams street has a small skate section.
there is a great shop in dun laoghaire called wreckless as well.

all the parks and shops are easily located with a quick google search.

thanks for all the info everyone.

boy... will my nephews think i've tasted the salmon of skate knowledge on Saturday when i'm dragging them around to all these places. .|..|

I think G1 is actually the one on O'Connell street. I bought a full set up for my turdy turd birthday and they were sound. I've seen your man at a few of our gigs as well. So he's supporting us.

Skate City is the one across from Dorans.

For you skate punks in Phibsboro, someone has waxed a curb at the apartments that back up to the canal on the connaught street side. It's pretty slick except for the spots that still have traces of my knees, arse and elbows.

Yeah you could get the dart to greystones from town, pretty sure any young fella you meet there would be able to tell you where the skatepark is
get the 184 from greystones, it goes through charlesland and turns at the roundabout (where superquinn is) usually, get off there and walk up the hill following directions for jackie skellys gym, its just behind that and the astro turfs. its free and the board room (the skate/bike shop) often have a kiosk there, if you wanna be a kewl uncle n buy them loadsa shit :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back