Science/Fantasy fiction bukes (5 Viewers)

I'm sure I'll get round to reading some his books at some point (especially considering my girlfriend says she's going to get me one for my birthday), I'm just not in any rush considering all the other books I have to read.

fuck! i've been reading Report On Probability A by brian aldiss and pages 97 to 112 are missing, replaced instead with pages 49 to 64. im going to move on to something else until i can get another copy

Just finished Spin by Robert Charles Wilson. Twas excellent - first time in a long time I've sat down and read a book from start to finish. Beautifully written, big ideas and actual fully formed characters, which can be a hard find in SF!

Now.. on to Cormac McCarthy, the last Philip Roth, then hopefully the rest of the books by Robert Wilson I have just ordered will arrive in the post.

I love finding a new author who's class - I felt the same after reading Hyperion and Excession etc..

Yeah Excession is great. I just finished Look to Windward, pretty cool. Finished Consider Phloebas before that, great. In between those I read Ian Esselmont's Malazan Empire book, Night of Knives. Fuckin cool, though not as good as Erikson's stuff, but that feels like it's just cause the scope isn't the same really.

read the fifth head of cerebrus by gene wolfe, its pretty deadly alright. also just after reading The Moment Of Eclipse by Brian Aldiss, the first of his short story collections that i've read. im not usually into short stories but there were superb.

Reading "The Wizard Knight" by Gene Wolfe, great stuff so far.
Last book I finished was "Fatal Revenant", second last of the Thomas Covenant series. That series is amazing, can't wait for the last one!
Stuff lined up "Matter" by Iain Banks and "Toll The Hounds" by Erikson, gonna be amazing, Erikson rules.

Am reading John Varley's 'The Golden Globe' right now. It is the not-as-super follow up to his super entertaining 'Steel Beach' which is great. would recommend.
51CTXWX2XAL._SS500_.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back