Ryanair's Baggage & Check In Charges (1 Viewer)

Umfufu

Just booked a long weekend in Paris for myself & the missus.

The charge per person for checking in 1 bag was €30!

Last time I checked it was €8.
When did they jack up the price?

We're not checking anything in.

I don't mean to be harsh but anyone who still chooses to fly with Ryanair shouldn't be surprised by their gouging ways and I just can't find any sympathy in me for their plight . It's not like ye haven't been warned that they are cowboys . It's like buying batteries from the pound shop and being shocked that they don't last long.

I understand that you are probably just pointing this out for the benefit of others and not whinging per say .

I'm just saying , like.

Booked Dusseldorf with Ryanair today, because the other person was bringing a bag I had to check in too,which was an extra 10, if you book separately you're stuck paying 2 sets of charges, they've got you both ways. Still, cant complain all that much when 2 people return is 100euro.

Booked Dusseldorf with Ryanair today, because the other person was bringing a bag I had to check in too,which was an extra 10, if you book separately you're stuck paying 2 sets of charges, they've got you both ways. Still, cant complain all that much when 2 people return is 100euro.

No you wouldn't, the credit card fee is per passenger per flight, so you'd have both paid €10 to book if you'd done two separate bookings, but you'd have saved on the airport check-in fee for yourself.

I don't mean to be harsh but anyone who still chooses to fly with Ryanair shouldn't be surprised by their gouging ways and I just can't find any sympathy in me for their plight . It's not like ye haven't been warned that they are cowboys . It's like buying batteries from the pound shop and being shocked that they don't last long.
I agree anyone who moans about shoddy ryanair service should get a complimentary punch in the face.

I know that Ryanair are slimey bastards but I thought an increase from €8 a bag to €30 in the space of 3 months was a bit excessive, even for them.

In their defense, our flights cost €40 each.
Aer Lingus were charging over €100.

the good thing about ryanair is that you can check in for yr flights like 7 days before you fly..Aer Lingus is only 30 hours which means I can't check in for my return flight next week online..pain in my balls.

It's absurd that eventhough I'm getting a flight for a grand total of €10. I still think they're cunts because €4.50 of that tenner is to administer my payment.

I quite liked the official Ryanair response to the 'charging a Euro to spend a penny' idea.

The press guy said that there was no plans to introduce this in the near future & that when Michael O'Leary is talking like this, he often makes it up as he's going along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back