Rehearsl Studio question (1 Viewer)

oscardagrouch

Just wondering where the various heads here that play in bands rehearse?Is there anywhere else cheap besides The Underground?
Is Applerock any good?
Or am I gonna end up having to book Loop this week?
any help would be greatly appreciated..cheers..

oscardagrouch said:
Just wondering where the various heads here that play in bands rehearse?Is there anywhere else cheap besides The Underground?
Is Applerock any good?
Or am I gonna end up having to book Loop this week?
any help would be greatly appreciated..cheers..

From my experience

underground - cheap and ok . ..
applerock - bad sound..
Loop - good sound

cant beat lobbing all yer gear into a garage tho' .. .

weeler said:
From my experience

underground - cheap and ok . ..
applerock - bad sound..
Loop - good sound

I wish I had a garage!I am leaning toward loop, but it's so expensive..
Cheers for that weeler but does anyone know of any other places besides the three I mentioned?

weeler said:

if we had gear i'm sure we would.... but we don't hence jamie's post...

eta: i actually have a lovely garage...and also the uptightest neighbours in the world :mad:

underground is cheap & nasty but kicks the shit outta applerock, which has no redeeming qualities what so ever, equipment is shit & it's a blatant rip off!! & you can't smoke in the rooms, so that consumes too much time when you need to get tings done, 50 bills for 4 hours is such a jack when the TBMC has better shit & only a lil more expensive (for 5 hours). never heard of loop, where they situated?

ANDY RTF

oscardagrouch said:
Ah, Li, while you're here (and as I have no credit on my phone),the practice situation is MAYBE The Underground on Friday Night (she has to get back to me first) or ..err..somewhere else on Sunday during the day.

hang on i'll pm you....

so much for this secret band business :rolleyes:

i've pm'd ye already. not a fan of these '1 person talkin to 1 other person' threads. i'll ring after 6 cos my credit's low. i'm sure willy had a field day with bushie's record collection. i bet the saturday night fever video didn't get an airing though! :)

Liiadain said:
i've pm'd ye already. not a fan of these '1 person talkin to 1 other person' threads. i'll ring after 6 cos my credit's low. i'm sure willy had a field day with bushie's record collection. i bet the saturday night fever video didn't get an airing though! :)

No, just The DEVO one.

Loop is just off Abbey Street. or behind THE BACHELORS pub I think it is on the quay.It's a pretty good place from what I remember, the last band I was in practiced there and it was handy gear/sound wise.58 euro for 5 hours I believe, which is kinda out of our league.I'd reccomend it if you have the cash.Dunno if you can smoke in the rooms,I think you can. BUT they seem constantly booked up, like everywhere else at the moment...

the drums in loop are the biggest pieces of shit in the world. if you practice there make sure you give them shit about the kit at the start and then ask for a discount at the end. i got a fiver off twice.

Theres also Kross studios beside the Submarine Bar in Crumlin
havent been there in years though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back