Records/Songs of '09 (1 Viewer)

cool, i've heard none of them

totally forgot to include this in the best Wall of Sound pop song 2009 category

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4obA2YDc69o"]YouTube- Magic Kids-Hey Boy[/ame]

Cheers I. That's a catchy tune. We might have slightly different conceptions of what constitutes a Wall of Sound.

well, it sounds completely Spectorish to me to the point where it's essentially a rip off. in a good way though.

Try this 7 minute beauty, although I'm not sure if you'll like it:

YouTube- Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound - Drunken Leaves
hmm, yeah, it's alright. Certainly not bad. It does sound like the type of thing I might have written with friends when I was 14 though. Was it done on a 4-track tape-recorder they borrowed off someone's big brother?

hmm, yeah, it's alright. Certainly not bad. It does sound like the type of thing I might have written with friends when I was 14 though. Was it done on a 4-track tape-recorder they borrowed off someone's big brother?

Indeed, indeed. I see what you mean about the Phil Spector thing. No wonder he ended up shooting people.

Two Dancers - Wild Beasts
Basically, this is the problem I have with Bitte Ocra, Fever Ray, Merriweather Post Pavilion, the xx - when you take away the posturing and the studio messing, there's nothing special musically there.

I've avoided listening to this band becsaue someone who I generally disagree with about everything loves them. I like your line that I've left in the quote. Maybe I'll get the album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

M Stevens & The Ghasts + Vega Storm
Wexford Street
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back