Record store in Bray? (1 Viewer)

trev

Since 1999
is the record store beside bray dart station still open?

any idea of opening times?

bizarre, its actually only closed for good really recently. the people who rent the shop think they can get more money renting the whole building to the taxi business beside, is the story i heard. its really sad. i did my work experience in 4th year there. well actually... i went on the hop for a whole week and the fella signed my report saying i did an "excellent job"

it's not actually closed, he just doesn't open very often, was in there with him last week, said he had no set opening hours.

its hit and miss and all depends wether or not barry decides to get out of bed!!

i've gotten some amazing stuff there down the years, and allways got it for next to nothing. you just have to make a few trips and it'll pay off.

bought my first record in there,
jaysus, the amount of times hangin around in there on the hop wit no money gettin barry to put records aside for me and then not havin any money to pay for it for ages.
not too many record shops like this around any more, i'd b pretty sad if it closed for good.

Thay have some decent stuff, some good rockabilly and garage type LPs and paenty of recent Irish punk CDs by the likes of Brawl, Stomach etc
If yer in DL then it might be worth a short DART trip but as the opening times are so haphazard you could be wasting your time as Bray is a right auld shite hole to be stuck in for no good reason....

Aw. Sweet memories of going there to chat and read zines while waiting for the train home after school in 3rd year. That was back when Bushie worked there.

i wonder if fegans poetry zine ever got sold....

bray is AMAZING, what are ya talking about! molloys cafe, 5000 million charity shops, the seafront, georgian houses, shitty side streets, the arcade, skangers on tandem bikes, etc. it's brilliant!. I think bray and thomas street should get married. or at least share a porthole into each other, because they're exactly the same. i might be movin to bray next year n i can't wait!

went out there last thursday and it wasnt opened. :mad:

Cheers Danny....hopefully i'll be able to make it down there and hopefully it'll be open.
I wouldn't mind getting some Brawl. :)

Last time I was in Dublin the amount of punk cd's on offer was kinda disappointing....
Plugged in Cork is prob my favourite record/cd shop...really good range of stuff in there.

Cheers Danny....hopefully i'll be able to make it down there and hopefully it'll be open.
I wouldn't mind getting some Brawl. :)

Last time I was in Dublin the amount of punk cd's on offer was kinda disappointing....
Plugged in Cork is prob my favourite record/cd shop...really good range of stuff in there.

there IS NOWHERE to get punk records in dublin, except for the distros. more power to em!! Tower needs a D-beat rep.

There are 3 record shops in dublin I buy punk records from reasonably regularly. There's at least 3 I find decent stuff in occasionally. And then I buy from Skubol every now and again and I get stuff at the record fairs when they come around. It all depends on what you're looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back