recommend me a new smartphone (1 Viewer)

Help!

Okay, I've had a iphone 4 16gb for the last three years and looks brand new and was working fine apart from a sticky button some times. Last night I went to bed with my battery level at like 2 percent and didn't charge it because the sockets were all being used. Went to charge it this morning and it won't turn on. I assume the battery is fucked and completely drained? Is this something that can be easily fixed?

If not, is buying an unblocked 4s on ebay a really bad idea? Or should I actually buy an iphone 5 and have that for a few years?

Or is there a better phone out there to use? I'm not tied to any contact and don't want to be so I want to pay for a phone outright.

Thoughts thumped tech gurus?

Help!

Okay, I've had a iphone 4 16gb for the last three years and looks brand new and was working fine apart from a sticky button some times. Last night I went to bed with my battery level at like 2 percent and didn't charge it because the sockets were all being used. Went to charge it this morning and it won't turn on. I assume the battery is fucked and completely drained? Is this something that can be easily fixed?

If not, is buying an unblocked 4s on ebay a really bad idea? Or should I actually buy an iphone 5 and have that for a few years?

Or is there a better phone out there to use? I'm not tied to any contact and don't want to be so I want to pay for a phone outright.

Thoughts thumped tech gurus?

Have you tried recharging it anyway (without turning it on)? I had a similar problem with a previous phone and it charged up fine even though I initially couldn't turn it on.

Have you tried recharging it anyway (without turning it on)? I had a similar problem with a previous phone and it charged up fine even though I initially couldn't turn it on.

Yeah, I even took it down to a shop in Kilkenny today and they couldn't get it to charge either. I thought maybe my charger could have been the problem. I can't really afford the iphone 5 right now because it's like 700 euro (and am saving for something else) but I could get one of those iphone 4s 16gb off ebay, some have 180 day policies attached. I just don't know if it's legit. I would just have a new battery put in if it was cheap but I bought a fancy pedometer that actually doesn't work with my phone. It said iphone compatible but apparently that meant only with 4s and 5 not my old 4. So if it's going to cost me over 100 euro to do, I'd be better off buying a 4s or 5.

Do ipods have apps/cameras these days or the itouch? Do those even still exist? I'm behind the times. I'm thinking maybe I should just bypass the phone since I never actually use the phone part and just get an old cheap phone just to have a number.

I'm not an apple diehard, I just haven't had anything other than an apple anything since the 90s. Even my work computer is an apple so it's just easier. I would switch if someone told me something was good and I could easily get my music and photos on and off it.

Yeah, I even took it down to a shop in Kilkenny today and they couldn't get it to charge either. I thought maybe my charger could have been the problem. I can't really afford the iphone 5 right now because it's like 700 euro (and am saving for something else) but I could get one of those iphone 4s 16gb off ebay, some have 180 day policies attached. I just don't know if it's legit. I would just have a new battery put in if it was cheap but I bought a fancy pedometer that actually doesn't work with my phone. It said iphone compatible but apparently that meant only with 4s and 5 not my old 4. So if it's going to cost me over 100 euro to do, I'd be better off buying a 4s or 5.

Do ipods have apps/cameras these days or the itouch? Do those even still exist? I'm behind the times. I'm thinking maybe I should just bypass the phone since I never actually use the phone part and just get an old cheap phone just to have a number.

I'm not an apple diehard, I just haven't had anything other than an apple anything since the 90s. Even my work computer is an apple so it's just easier. I would switch if someone told me something was good and I could easily get my music and photos on and off it.

the newest (5th generation) ipod touch is really nice. ios7 runs great on it, and once you've got decent wifi and skype / facetime on it... cheaper to buy from Amazon than it is to buy direct from Apple.

Makes my iphone4 look pathetic, that's for sure.

Thats it. once you're in a hotspot, no need for a phone. I'm able to connect with everyone that has an iOS device through the day via my desktop. Plus, I plan ahead. And when I head out, I talk to people more. Mostly annoying people who are trying to do shit on their phones. Even at home here...The son and my missus and me, we sit down to watch a fillum, they spend the entire duration looking at they're phones. I watch the film and give out from time to time. Duh phone make you stupid. The soft gulag.
I'm the vegan equivalent for phones. Never again.

Has anyone got a galaxy s3? The guy in the shop told me yesterday that I should throw my old HTC in the bin and get one of them -he has me convinced

i have an S3 for work. the camera & the screen are amazing, but i don't like the phone. Or maybe i just don't like Android.

My only advice would be to not buy an iPhone on eBay if you end up going down that route. Amazon sellers tend to be more trustworthy for this kind of thing.

Has anyone got a galaxy s3? The guy in the shop told me yesterday that I should throw my old HTC in the bin and get one of them -he has me convinced

The S3 is ruined by Samsungs stock 'touchwiz' software in my opinion. Rooting the phone allows you to put custom firmware on it that improves using the S3 100%. Something like Cyanogenmod is more intuitive and much faster than touchwiz.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back