PUNK AID gig for the simon community (1 Viewer)

PPPPPOOOOOSSSSSIIIIII yeah,but why do people only ever do benefits for the big two in the homeless agency world,i know that sounds weird but Simon and Focus have actually got quite a huge sum of cash in comparison with some of the smaller homeless shelters in dublin.The shelter i worked in got about 200 quid donation a year and someshitty xmas trees.

They are deserving casues and allbut i guess its just a matter of who the extra money would make a bigger difference too, if anyone is plannin on doin a benefit and wants to know of other shelters or cheap-eats for the homeless just gimme a buzz.

for example the Santca Maria near camden st has120 beds and gets littleor nodonations, Dorset St hostel is also prettymuch in the same boat,anyhoo

benefit gig

spuded
why dont you organise a gig then for which agency you think needs the most help ? i will help you promote the gig

its not a case of only helping the "big two" but on this occasion a worker and friend in the simon community asked me to put this gig on,

yeah john i´d be well up for that, i didnt mean it in any bad way i hope ya know, anyhoo i wanted to do one before but i was pretty busy with work and shit but when i get back to ireland )whenever the fuck that is= i would love to do a benefit.

The idea i had for a benfit gig was this ' in the shelter where i worked the we provided a clothes service for people who slept rough, the main thing we needed and were constantly running out of was new boxers and socks, the idea i was hopin to propose was that we do a socks and jocks benefit gig where people either pay in or bring a few pairs of new socks-boxers and when i say new i mean new, you should see the junk people handed into that shelter. anyhoo its an idea..fair dues on the benefit tho

say xknifedx and loved it,mero is fucking nuts and evil.

most cool the way he threatens the crowd!

Spuded, I'd be up for playing in that gig...I could give you or john a tape of our stuff at that charity gig...or i could give it to you before then

the quality sucks,cos its just one microphone attached to a karaoke machine where we rehearse,but you can hear all the elements clearly enough.

yeah?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back