Primavera Sound 2009 (1 Viewer)

we'll see about that! I should probably start packing tho.

PACKING!!!

Fuck.

Hey if any of you are getting that 6:30 flight to Girona I was advised last night that if Barca win the match the city might come to a standstill, including public transport, and if they lose the same might happen. Was planning on watching second half in the airport but all things considered it might be an idea to get on a bus as quickly as possible.

indeed... FAO people getting the evening cork flight: I was also reliably informed that if you want to get to the apolo quick, you're best getting the aerobus into from the airport, getting off at plaça d'espanya (because plaça catalunya will be mental) and from there grabbing the metro to the parallel stop.

also, this is the dorkiest fucking question I'll ask this week but... can you bring in your own food to the festival. I'm on a tight budget so I'll be sandwiching it up. I'm assuming they'll be restricting all liquids...

yeah this is my 3rd primavera, after two years of intending to go see the city and the sights i've accepted the fact that it's not gonna happen.

you'll become pretty much noctural for the duration, far too sleepy and hungover to do much during the day when it's sweltering heat outside

it took my 3rd primavera before I actually ventured towards Camp Nou.

I'm quite jealous to be honest, even though I said 2 years ago (which was my 3rd in a row) that that was it for Primavera and me. But that's a saucy line-up. FUCK YOU ALL.

i have lost the credit card i used to book the ticket - arriving tomorrow, i haver the confirmation page of the ticket order, reference number and everything. i really hope they'll give me the tickets. booked through tick tack.

Have resisted looking at this thread until now as I opted for ATP instead. Kinda regretting it now given I live in Barca and all......

Yo, anyone else get caught up in a riot last night?

Would hate to see the scenes if they lost.

I was on the metro at about 11 local time. It was crazy. The carriage was rocking with people jumping up and down and singing. And then out on the street it was worse with people letting off fireworks in the crowd. I saw a few bits of agro where the police had to step in, but nothing too bad. I've never seen a football crowd celebrate that much before. They really take their football seriously over here.

I was on the metro at about 11 local time. It was crazy. The carriage was rocking with people jumping up and down and singing. And then out on the street it was worse with people letting off fireworks in the crowd. I saw a few bits of agro where the police had to step in, but nothing too bad. I've never seen a football crowd celebrate that much before. They really take their football seriously over here.

We stupidly made the decision to go to playca de catalunya at 2AM. Most of it had died down by that point but we were still in very close proximity to rubber bullets being fired. Thought the riot cops was going t ocrack one of my mates over the head for not moving when old to.

Did anyone catch the Wavves meltdown on stage? Even just reading it on Pitchfork was hilarious.

http://pitchfork.com/news/35459-wavves-self-destruct-in-barcelona/

At 3:00 a.m. sharp, having dodged their share of bottles and even a shoe (neither Nathan nor Ryan was hit, although Nathan likely made impact with some unlucky attendee upon forcefully returning the latter object back to the crowd), the show mercifully came to a screeching halt: Ryan ran offstage, throwing his drumsticks at Nathan. Infuriated, Nathan screamed into the mic, "Come back here, motherfucker, we're not done yet!" Immediately, stage crew appeared, breaking down Ryan's kit. "Fuck!" Nathan shouted, "Stop doing that!" They didn't, so Nathan decided the show must go on. Helplessly, he strummed his guitar again, clearly intent on playing another song. But as he stepped back to the mic, he realized it had been cut. As the crowd booed, the house lights came up, and a defeated Nathan Williams threw his hands up and left, along with the few remaining attendees.

Not surprised really, they have like 15 dates line up. If I were them I'd take then next 5 or so off.Youtube's prob won't appear til people get back home to their computers.

Nice few days. I enjoyed

Sleepy Sun
Sunn o)))
Lightning bolt
Shellac
My Bloody Valentine
Spiritualized

I've never seen such a fashion/self conscious crowd before :) All the oversized sunglasses, skinny jeans, fashionable fringes and preening.

The best venue was the ATP stage, nestled away at the back. The crowd were able to surround the stage best there and it made for a more intimate setting. The food was shit. The smell of shit was shit. But there was a good vibe off the place. The beer vouchers idea was inspired - no long bar queues. Give your vouchers, get your beer.

Beer tokens = bad, 45 min waits to get to the machines at peak times and then they won't take your crumpled 20. People before machines!

Highlights:
Marnie Stern
Phoenix
Neil Young
The New Year
Michael Nyman
Fucked Up
and climbing "The Wall"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back