Pre choice shortlist (1 Viewer)

Adebisi Shank - This is the Second Album of a band called Adebisi Shank
The Cast of Cheers - Chariot
Cathy Davey - The Nameless
Fight Like Apes - The Body of Christ & The Legs of Tina Turner
Halves - It Goes, It Goes (Forever & Ever)
Imelda May - Mayhem
James Vincent McMorrow - Early In The Morning
O Emperor - Hither Thither
Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History
Villagers - Becoming a Jackal

fair few on the list i havent heard, just doing my annual 'listen to stuff that is on the choice/other list that passed me by' session. its early days but its a throw up between o emperor and james vincent mc morrow for 'most american sounding song' award.

still have to listen to:

fight like apes
halves
two door cinema club
villiagers
to make up categories i would nominate them for.

between cast of cheers and adebisi i'd favour adebisi by a small margin, though i'm a sucker for lyrics. imedla i haven't heard the album but saw live and would give some sort of prize based on live show. from that list cathy davey wins (so far) for me, in terms of an album that has a start middle and end and is a good album.

I think they're all great. Except maybe Fight Like Apes. But they're alright. Certainly not as good as Enemies but I guess you can't really have them and the Shank in for it. Well done everyone.

I hope Adebisi Shank win though. Villagers has enough exposure and it looks like Adebisi have a big year ahead of them and what better way to start it off. That money would fund many tours of America for them.

Am I the only person in this feckless country who thinks The Villagers are absolute shite????

I'm not quite with you there, I don't like his songs bar a couple but I'll readily admit that he's a brilliant musician and his arrangements are very good. Was a great sideman in Cathy Davey's band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back