Planxty Reform... (1 Viewer)

spectraljanitor

(Retired)
According to what Andy Irvine said on stage in galway on tuesday night, Planxty have reformed and will be playing two gigs in Glor in ennis and then 10 nights in vicar street. I can't remeber when this is actually as he was drowned out by the assembled folkers going apeshit and hollering. so now!

AlphaRelish said:
i hope they re-record everything and beat the living shit out of coulter.
now that i'd pay to see......:)

"hey guys i just sold all your albums to a shoddy new age label"......."yes louis I'll judge popstars"............"the town i loved so well"...........

the death penalty surely is deserved!!!bing

spectraljanitor said:
now that i'd pay to see......:)

"hey guys i just sold all your albums to a shoddy new age label"......."yes louis I'll judge popstars"............"the town i loved so well"...........

the death penalty surely is deserved!!!bing
too fuckin right

that first album - the cunts in Shana-key should be glassed for the sound quality of the pressing

nlgbbbblth said:
too fuckin right

that first album - the cunts in Shana-key should be glassed for the sound quality of the pressing
shannachie (?) might be a bunch of blaggers but they must have been the only people able and willing to buy the catalogue at the time... coulter insists that he offered the rights to the band and they wouldn't buy them ????

for a price the band was unwilling to pay... here, you wanna buy the right to brains from me? 2 million dolla... vinnie sold them to me one night he was pissed up. for 5 dolla.
chickenham said:
shannachie (?) might be a bunch of blaggers but they must have been the only people able and willing to buy the catalogue at the time... coulter insists that he offered the rights to the band and they wouldn't buy them ????

i'm wearing shoes with velcro straps (true story)
ah c'mon guys, if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? when i heard about the documentary, i checked them out just like everyone else!

andrew

ps - i just don't understand you latex lizzie, this hott and kold andy reaction...i just don't get it...sigh (awesome thread - ***sigh***).

TESTAROSSA said:
i'm wearing shoes with velcro straps (true story)
ah c'mon guys, if we can't laugh at ourselves, who can we laugh at? when i heard about the documentary, i checked them out just like everyone else!

andrew

ps - i just don't understand you latex lizzie, this hott and kold andy reaction...i just don't get it...sigh (awesome thread - ***sigh***).

...all the love in the world etc. I blow hot and cold..or so I read in the toilets at tara st.

nlgbbbblth said:
too fuckin right

the vinyl version is yr only man....mine's a bit skippy tho....not the bush kangaroo....

spectraljanitor said:
the vinyl version is yr only man....mine's a bit skippy tho....not the bush kangaroo....
the 2 other shanachie albums sound ok
and there was an ok cd version of the first album about 4/5 yrs ago ccording to the bloke in CLADDAGH

but this new pressing that's in the shops - awful. why?
makes no sense

they repressed it from a different master

yeah- got first one on elpee a while back and it sounds far grand. Not easy find the vinyl in excellent nick though

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back