Pig Champion RIP (1 Viewer)

Fuck sake,I didn't need to be reminded of that image Eoin,bastard.
Anyway

TKO has announced the signing of legendary punk/hardcore act Poison Idea. The hugely influential "kings of punk" recently celebrated their 25th anniversary together and will make their debut with a split picture disc alongside Kill Your Idols.

Poison Idea will be contributing a new track while KYI will produce a cover of Poison Idea's classic "Made to be Broken."

In early 2007 the label will release Poison Idea's new full length Latest Will & Testament (previously released in Germany on Farewell Records). The record features the final recordings of late guitarist Tom "Pig Champion" Roberts, who passed away earlier this year. A DVD and other projects are in the works, with support from planned North American and European tours.

The label commented "In their 25+ years POISON IDEA has influenced more Punk/HC bands around the world than it would be possible to list, including many TKO acts, and all of us at the labels are life-long fans. We are greatly honored at the opportunity to work with this is legendary and important band."

tommy, i didn't hear that one about the lads travellling to see em, but it sounds like the same gig/story when damo and godsy and co went to see em up north england way after seeing em in london. they arrived at the gig, with no tickets, only to see a note written on the door of the gig to say that the gig was off due to the pig having a heart attack after coming offstage at the gig in london...
chinese whispers eh? they still were gift. listened to plastic bomb on the way home from work today. genius. RIP(wouldn't want em in me gaff tho!).|..|
Slight mix up steevo ,i saw them in the marquee with mero a few nights before the leicester gig in the princess charrlotte that poor oul godsey turned up for only to hear they werent playing,but as far as i know they did play that nite ,the note was to ward off ticket hunters cause the gig was sold out.
As for pig ,a fucking brilliant guiterist and songwriter,no bollox ,no hardman attitude,intelligent when warrented ,idiotic when warrented, shows alot of hardcore and punk icons???? up for what they are
TOSSERS

apologies damo, i must have been pissed when you were retelling the story, or not paying the fullest of attention. probably due to being pissed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back