Phone credit / iphone / wtf? (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
My son is using an old 3Gs. Where the fuck does all the credit go? The other night we checked his balance at night. The phone was plugged in all night and was connected to the wifi. In the morning the credit was down €2. He's with pay as you go o2 (or whatever they're called now), all notifications are turned off. Location services are off. What is going on?

things like push notifications and background updating need to be turned off. you'll need to go through it app by app. should also be a setting somewhere to only push and receive data when connected to wifi

Yea, we're going though it. We're writing down the credit and time recorded at. Then making changes and checking again later.

Hardly EVER gets credit. Spends most of the time without any credit. We buy it for him for specific purposes and boom, it's gone before it's even left the gaff.

Christ, if i had a smartphone when i was a teenager. Doesn't bare thinking about.

What CitySickness says. I'm on pay as you go with O2/Three using one of their plans. With a €20 top-up they take €10 and I have basically unlimited internet and texts for a month. When the month is over the left over tenner wouldn't last a day if I kept the internet on.

Saying all that, I'm not sure how old the iphone 3 is. My wife's first smartphone went through credit like crazy. She eventually downloaded an app called APN OnOff which turned off automatic updates. (Or something like that.)

I'm on 3 pay-asyougo aswell, I'm downloading about 20gb of movies a month and you know how much time i spend online. defo get onto that or a similar setup.

The thing is, it's not about giving him more time online, the wifi takes care of that plenty. It's about him not having credit to text or call when he's out. The phone is used to seldom than a fiver SHOULD last ages.
Turning off cellular data completely seems to have stopped the credit slipping away (I deliberately turned it back on for a night, that cost €2 in credit - connected to wifi the whole time). But at this stage it's not even about that. All notifications are turned off except "phone", "messages" and "whatsapp". The reason being that I want the phone to show the little red dot if he's missed a call or text.
I suppose it just goes to show you what your phone is up to without you knowing.... which brings me to my "ditching the smartphone" thread.

i know my mother had the problem with o2 that it was taking a euro every night at midnight.

i was trying to download from my laptop to my mobile using bluetooth and wifi a few weeks ago and vodafone took some euros from me to install a couple of apps i didn't ask for "notification", "gifts" junk like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back