Phaaantom (1 Viewer)

Mr Creosote

Since 2000
Website
youtu.be
Howdy

We (Mr Creosote) will be playing the Ballroom of Romance on Friday, the 25th of this month. To celebrate this fact, I thought it would be nice to send a two song demo CD to the fine people at Phantom. Once people heard our songs, they would rush down to the Lower Deck and the rest, as they say, would be history.

Problem is, I tried emailing [email protected] and let them know my evil plans, and it didn't work. I sent a CD earlier on to the snail mail address on the site, I hope it reaches them, because in a typical act of forethought, I never put a return address on the envelope, so if there is a problem, the CD will be lost.

I'm about to rip half the friggin' hair outta my head on this one, so if anyone could give me an email contact for Phantom and/or let me know how open they are to just getting CD's in the post, I would be most grateful

Yours
Robert Ridiculous.

Just send in a CD with some info to em at their postal address. Usually takes em ages to get around to listen to it, when they do if they like it at all they'll play it on Paul Clarke's show on Wednesday night (icon, it's called).
Don't know how things go from there - presumably they decide whether to play it again (or even put it on their playlist) based on a combination of whether they like it themselves and what sort of a response they get off their regular listeners

Pete Reed - are you reading this? Care to enlighten us further?

Hello all,

Egg summed it up pretty well Mr Creosote. Send in the CD and always always include a bit of information about the band and what ye are up to. As well as that, include a contact number and email if available.

And yes, there is quite often a delay as we do get a lot of stuff in and it all has to be listened to and sorted. If its any good it will get played on Icon (Wednesdays 9-11pm) and if its liked it will make it to the playlist. But yes, we would definitely hold our hands up and say it takes longer than it should to get that far.

Wrap up your CD (splash out on a padded envelope, we regularly get fragments of cds through the post!) and send it to:

ICON
Phantom FM
PO BOX 6721
Dun Laoghaire

Any other info you need just shout.

Regards,

Pete Reed
Phantom FM

Originally posted by Pete Reed
If its any good it will get played on Icon (Wednesdays 9-11pm) and if its liked it will make it to the playlist.

But liked by who, Pete?
I was gonna PM you about this but I'd be making the information public anyway so it'd be a little dishonest ....
I would guess it's a balance between whether the main guys in the station (yourself, Paul Clarke and Sinister Pete?) like a song, and how many requests you get in for it via text and email. Is that right, or is it biased one way or the other? Does the bias depend on the song - like if ye really hate a song but your audience loves it what do you do? If Sinister Pete loves something and the others aren't mad on it and it gets no response from the audience what do ye do?

I'd really like to know - I'm not trying to figure out a way of fiddling your system, I'm just curious and transparency is one of my Things ... also Stoat has had one or two 'hits' on the station and I wonder whether people have actually been requesting the songs or it's just that one of ye like em

Hi Egg,

Its a mixture really. The main man when it comes to getting Irish music on to the A-List (heavy rotation stuff) is Paul Clarke. Others within the station can suggest songs and push for their inclusion and usually do. Theres a load of stuff that comes in from sources other than direct to Paul at ICON.

The amount of requests we get for a band often doesnt make that much difference about a song getting A-listed. So many bands get all their mates to send in text messages and emails "Wow, I saw a really cool band called Frankie and the Losers at a battle of the bands on a wet Monday in DA2, can you play their unreleased demo recorded in a toilet by me ma".

Generally the way it works is that a song will go into the A List if Paul thinks it warrants it (at his own instigation or from representations from the rest of us). How long it stays there then is generally effected by the response it gets.

Im not sure if that absolutely answers your question but it should give some idea of the buzz hopefully.

Regards,

Pete Reed
Phantom FM

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back