One For The Road: A Road Records Benefit & Celebration (1 Viewer)

sparse

Website
www.facebook.com
One For The Road:

A Road Records Benefit & Celebration
Saturday March 14th 2009
Andrews Lane Theatre
8.00pm – 2.30am
Doors 7.30PM sharp

€20 + booking fee
Tickets From Road Records, Tower Records, www.tickets.ie & WAV box office 1890 200 078

Featuring:
Jape
The Jimmy Cake
Si Schroeder
Colm Mac Con Iomaire
Adrian Crowley
The Large Corporation (Dudley Corporation Vs Large Mound)
Road Records DJs

On January 15th 2009 Road Records of Fade Street in Dublin City announced that it would soon be closing its doors for the final time. Over the last 11 years Road Records has been a passionate torch-bearer for the spirit of independent music in Ireland. In Dave, Julie & Dylan you had some of the friendliest, most knowledgeable and helpful folk you could ever hope to introduce you to new music and the imminent loss of Road Records will be felt acutely by musicians and punters alike. To celebrate the legacy of Road Records and to help towards the debts incurred by Dave & Julie in keeping the shop open during hard times there will be in Andrew’s Lane on March 14th a wonderful array of live music from some the brightest lights in independent Irish music. This is a clarion call for supporters of independent music to show solidarity with one of it’s great Irish institutions and to collectively ensure that those independent retailers that still remain get the support they badly need to survive and to show that personality, variety & soul so perfectly embodied by Road are not outmoded retail concepts.

www.roadrecs.com
www.andrewslanetheatre.ie

one-for-the-road-small.jpg

Folks ... there isn't anything confirmed about this staying open thing. I would wait until there is some word from D&J before getting too excited about it and I wouldn't pay too much attention to anyone else. In the meantime, even if they do stay open, they are really going to need any cash raised from this benefit ... so rock on etc!

Folks ... there isn't anything confirmed about this staying open thing. I would wait until there is some word from D&J before getting too excited about it and I wouldn't pay too much attention to anyone else.

From today's Irish Times

There may be light at the end of the tunnel for independent music outlet Road Records. The shop, opened in 1997 on Fade Street in Dublin 2, had been scheduled to close in the coming weeks. Owners Dave Kennedy and Julie Collins blamed a shortage of footfall and an increase in illegal downloads, among other factors, for its demise.

However, plans for a “Save Road Records” investment club – involving members of the Irish music industry and others buying shares in the company – are currently being finalised.

“I can’t say too much about it yet, but yes, it’s true,” said Kennedy. “It’s a distinct possibility that we will carry on at this stage. I’m relieved, more than anything else.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/theticket/articles/2009/0213/1233867934175.html

I've never seen any of these acts so I'm defo there.Get fucking mad out of it!

Yay, I'm delighted this is going ahead - well done to the organisers!!! .|..|

I'm sooooo sad though as I'm presenting the Green Room on 96FM in Cork that very night :( :( :( :(
If it's a late gig I could get the 9pm train and be up there for just after midnight?
I'm so disappointed I will probably miss this. It's gonna be a massive night.

Totally! Will be there in a heartbeat!
Even if I have to go on my own.

Fuck that man.I'll probs have no one to go with either.Lets get hooked up to get fucked up!It'll be a laugh.

PMEED!

DEADLY.

Would totally be there but think im gonna be in dublin march 1st and march 8th and don't have enuff money to go again that month. :(

DEADLY THOUGH.

and DEADLY line-up. really wanna see si schroeder sometime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back