Older Dublin Venues (1 Viewer)

Cormcolash

Website
geocities.com
Just wondering where exactly these places were, and did they do gigs often, kind of thing?

The Attic
McGonagles
The Old Chinaman

The Boom Boom Room - was this run in the Parnell Mooney? I know it moved to downstairs in Murray's later on.

Was Slattery's the same Slattery's that is still on Capel St? If so, any idea why they stopped doing gigs?

Just wondering where exactly these places were, and did they do gigs often, kind of thing?

The Attic
McGonagles
The Old Chinaman

The Boom Boom Room - was this run in the Parnell Mooney? I know it moved to downstairs in Murray's later on.

Was Slattery's the same Slattery's that is still on Capel St? If so, any idea why they stopped doing gigs?

Slattery's is in Rathmines

The Attic was upstairs in the White Horse.Had many a successful night up there with Spacehopper.

Yer man Fat Boy Slim came to see us and brought us all to Lillies after.

This was before he was Fatboy Slim.He was Dubz International then or something.He got on really well me brother.We ended up supporting him at all them Green Energy things in Galway.Just shows ya..you have to be on the scene to get the shows.Paid well they did.

McGonagles was on South Ann Steet.I played my first ever big room gig there ..with the Disenchanted (Conrad..brother of Donal Greene's band..he was the bus conducter on the 42b that went by my gaf)and Uproar,who went on to be the terrible LIR.

ALso..shit my pants outside Sonic Youth there..had to leave the queue and go to McDonalds and take off me cax and just keft them on the floor.Ended up skipping the gig and climbing into Stephens Green for a mad one.Purple Oms or Strwaberries I think.

The Old Chinaman was on Aungier Street.Played a good few shows in there.Nothing that memorable.It was where the fearsome chaos Crew hung out.
I didnt find them fearsome..but I wasnt into Paranoid Visions then.
They were a bit shite at time tbh.Not like now

Used to be a great acid house night in McGonagles you would go to before SIdes on a Saturday night.
Plenty of mad acid about at those nights.Was great.

Mostly Purple Oms,Strawberries and Supermans iirc

Last edited:
Loads of great gigs in the Attic. Green Day,Crudos,Ebola,J Church,Down By Law etc. I think the building is knocked down now.

What was that place just by the Fox..on Caple Street?

Was run by this lad who loved the young lads?

ahh feck..can't remember the name of it now.Was DEADLY

You'd never get a joint like that in Dublin now..EDIT...The Earl Grattan!

I have a few flyers from my shows there

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back