Ned's Atomic Dustbin appreciation (1 Viewer)

Rogue

Website
Visit site
Just got a copy of God Fodder on the boombox, sounds oddly tinny and unbombastic now but 'twas the shit back in the days. Haven't heard it since about '93 but there's still some crackin' tunes, Happy, Throwing things, until you find out, Kill yr television (sonic youth styleee...). Them in mcgonagles (?) was the first proper gig I was at.

Post your love please!

B0000027SB.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

neds.jpg

B0000028UV.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

230410.jpg

anyone remember those dicks at the gig in mcgonagles climbing up on each other's shoulders and generally annoying anybody who had come to the show by bashing into them and taking up all the decent standing space? "the neds atomic stunt team" or some shite. they followed them round the uk and ireland.

what a bunch of arse bandits. i'm still annoyed about those guys

HMD said:
I was given Godfodder a couple of months ago, i hadn't heard it in years. The production is a bit shite but the songs are great.
Grey cell green is great.

are you normal is a little less producded, sounds a bit darker and stuff

Godfodder is a bit more pop

I found myself, upon listening back for the first time in ages last year, I was shocked by the wah wah guitar, it's all over the bleedin place

I think the songs still stand up

especially since every song is about being angry at your ex

was at mcgonagles too - was deadly - ned's were the business for a fleeting moment

never seen so much stage diving, did get a bit annoying though!!.|..|

the neds had some song with the lyric "you fly off the handle"??? happy??

anyways i remember reading an interview with them in mm/nme back in the day after an album of theirs had got slated and the journo was basically explaining the built-em-up/rip-em-down method of the music comics much to the diabelief and fury of the dreadlocked interviewee:(

p.s. igor - did they inspire yr dreads?

oh yes.
they played 2 nights in mcgonagles if I am not mistaken. I used to listen to god fodder on heavy rotation on my casette walkman on the way to school, circa 1990.

ah happy times.

ramps said:
seconded. kirstie?

boigaz said:
anyone remember those dicks at the gig in mcgonagles climbing up on each other's shoulders and generally annoying anybody who had come to the show by bashing into them and taking up all the decent standing space? "the neds atomic stunt team" or some shite. they followed them round the uk and ireland.

what a bunch of arse bandits. i'm still annoyed about those guys

yeah i remember those jerks.

jerks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back