MORRISSEY IS GOD (5 Viewers)

Except for the version of Back To The Old House

I guess when I think of them I think of either Hatful of Hollow or of The World Wont Listen - again compilations both.
Queen is Dead is my fave of the studio lps
Hatful and World Won't Listen are both class compilations

I'm with Mormon.

But back to my original question.....Vauxhall and I is better than any of their studio albums including Queen is Dead and Strangeways.
You can't say "oh, but Louder than Bombs or Hatful is their best". They're compilations, innit. There's loads of bands you could compile their best stuff and it'd be their best album.

The Eagles, for instance. :D

The Eagles, for instance. :D

dude-robe.jpg

Viva Hate and Your Arsenal are great too.
I like Vauxhall a lot but prefer those two, I guess I was younger and more of a fan when they came out ...
all are good, but it's a stretch in my opinion anyway to talk about them with Strangeways and TQID

Viva Hate and Your Arsenal are great too.
I like Vauxhall a lot but prefer those two, I guess I was younger and more of a fan when they came out ...
all are good, but it's a stretch in my opinion anyway to talk about them with Strangeways and TQID

It's a different style though, but it carries in it just as many memorable guitar riffs and lyrics. It's possibly a silly argument, but I'm just such a fan of that period. The "Introducing...." live movie where he does We'll Let You Know and it turns into Moonriver....it tops any Smiths stuff for me. There's a maturity, a venom at time, an outright joy at other times (Billy Budd), a celebratory tone (Now My Heart is Full), a......oh I could go on....I just think it's magnificent. Hold on to Your Friends. The riff on that alone.

Anyway, listen to me, bleating on.....

Tom Dunne was saying he admitted it in the book. Thats how I found out.
He doesn't go so far as to "admit" anything; doubtless he'd say there's nothing to admit; but he does mention 2 particular relationships with men.
For any Mozz watchers, that's surely the least surprising element of the book.

Now that we're all a little older.....is Vauxhall & I actually better than any of the Smiths' studio albums?

I could argue that it is.

I prefer Southpaw Grammar to Vauxhall and I.

No Morrissey solo record is as good as Meat Is Murder or The Queen Is Dead.

EDIT - is the book out in paperback?

I prefer Southpaw Grammar to Vauxhall and I.

No Morrissey solo record is as good as Meat Is Murder or The Queen Is Dead.

EDIT - is the book out in paperback?

Paperback in Easons for €8.99. Same size as a hardback though.

Trouble with Morrissey solo albums for me, is the absence of a great/ unique/ cool guitarist. The lads are obviously good, but it sounds like they are simply hired hands/ session musicians.

I remember Ian Brodie saying he would love to work with Morrissey because he thought his lyrics were great but the music was below par and lacking.

Like he could do any better...

Paperback in Easons for €8.99. Same size as a hardback though.

Trouble with Morrissey solo albums for me, is the absence of a great/ unique/ cool guitarist. The lads are obviously good, but it sounds like they are simply hired hands/ session musicians.

The case for the defence:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I think Johnny would've been proud of the guitar work in either of those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back