Minor Pleasures (8 Viewers)

I never find the need to do it. What would you want to stream from a phone?
Honest question.

I set things up to download stuff onto a hard drive attached to my desktop machine upstairs. I then use an app called Air Video to stream it to my phone and then bounce it to the (Apple)TV. The phone becomes like a remote control giving me access to the library of stuff stored on the desktop machine.

There may well be a way of cutting out the middleman and getting AppleTV to talk directly to the desktop computer though (now that I think of it) but hey it's my way and it works a treat.

I set things up to download stuff onto a hard drive attached to my desktop machine upstairs. I then use an app called Air Video to stream it to my phone and then bounce it to the (Apple)TV. The phone becomes like a remote control giving me access to the library of stuff stored on the desktop machine.

There may well be a way of cutting out the middleman and getting AppleTV to talk directly to the desktop computer though (now that I think of it) but hey it's my way and it works a treat.

Oh, I see. Fair play.

I download to my laptop and it bounces to the media player. The phone works as a remoter.

have you tried plex on it

Introducing PlexConnect, an AppleTV client which Thinks Different - Plex Blog

I really need to get my head around this technology. We're considering giving up the UPC as it's mostly shit but I need to figure this stuff out before then

St.+Feuillien+Triple+and+glass.jpg

Delicious.
I gotta get one of those fancy glasses for drinking out of.

I really need to get my head around this technology. We're considering giving up the UPC as it's mostly shit but I need to figure this stuff out before then

so long as your tellybox has a proper hdmi input you should be grand. try that sky tv now thing for starters. i use mine once in a blue moon and it's still worth the €15 it cost.

so long as your tellybox has a proper hdmi input you should be grand. try that sky tv now thing for starters. i use mine once in a blue moon and it's still worth the €15 it cost.

so.. the SkyTV now thing..do I need a Sky subscription? I relaise I may be exposing my self to ridicule ehre

I never find the need to do it. What would you want to stream from a phone?
Honest question.

Youtube clips. There's one of a bunch of pandas going down a slide that my young lad watches all the time but if he gets the phone it's fucking impossible to get it back off him and he's already cracked the screen on it.
That's probably an oddly specific answer.
Spotify stuff too.
You can also look at your photos on de telly

Users who are viewing this thread

• ernesto
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back