Minor complaints thread (26 Viewers)

I lost my phone the other week and I have no ones numbers. Now I'm stranded with a thirst and can't call anyone. Getting a bus to a pub which I think people I know might be in.
That's how I generally go out. I don't know anyone's number and just go places people might be. That way I can leave when I want, no obligations. Also, adds possibility of meeting someone new when on your own.

I'd say yer more of a Rolodex man Johnny..Madmen style!

Which..incidentally..is the best show ever!

All the coolest kids are unplugged these days, just ask unarocks.

I think this might come true even earlier than predicted - Poptimist: Shiny Shiny: A Future History of the CD Revival | Features | Pitchfork

The demise or the revival?

One way to gauge the shrinking market is to watch how fast CD reissues go out of print now; particularly multi-disc sets.

The market is flooded with cheap product [80s and 90s releases] which is great.

As time goes by I become more and more convinced that early CD releases [1983 - 1989] were nailed right first time i.e. perfect sound forever

family members getting their online purchases sent to our (UK) address 'because it's cheaper' - it's not cheaper, you're just making us pay the balance of sending it on you fucks, or else taking up our measly carry-on baggage allowance when we fly home with your giant books/pairs of shoes/baby toys

The demise or the revival?

One way to gauge the shrinking market is to watch how fast CD reissues go out of print now; particularly multi-disc sets.

The market is flooded with cheap product [80s and 90s releases] which is great.

As time goes by I become more and more convinced that early CD releases [1983 - 1989] were nailed right first time i.e. perfect sound forever

The revival of it. I don't think it's happened yet but I can see it coming.

In regards CD's, do you mean Cd's pressed in that time or CD's mastered in that time? (I would assume mastered is the thing but not sure)

family members getting their online purchases sent to our (UK) address 'because it's cheaper' - it's not cheaper, you're just making us pay the balance of sending it on you fucks, or else taking up our measly carry-on baggage allowance when we fly home with your giant books/pairs of shoes/baby toys

Kids ruin everything.

In regards CD's, do you mean Cd's pressed in that time or CD's mastered in that time? (I would assume mastered is the thing but not sure)

Didn't old CDs have that AAD / ADD / DDD designation?

As to how it was recorded and mastered?

Both really.

Flat transfers. Quiet pressings. Plenty of headroom and dynamic range.

Not all are great [Prince Sign O' The Times is not] but the majority sound just fine.

The loudness wars depress me although things have settled down a little in the last few years.

Anything up to 1992/93 is ok. The brickwalling seemed to start around the time of the first two Oasis albums.

It's nice to only have to pay one penny for a CD copy of a late 80s/early 90s album that I originally bought on vinyl [and played lots]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back