milk (1 Viewer)

156292499643cd4e629ca86.jpg

In fairness now, and I'm no Johnny Milk or whatever, couldn't you point out really gross facts about all foodstuffs that aren't growed organically in yer own garden?

Even then... 'ugh, think of all those aids-riddled worms that hang around pissing on your bay leaf plant all day'

aoifed said:
In fairness now, and I'm no Johnny Milk or whatever, couldn't you point out really gross facts about all foodstuffs that aren't growed organically in yer own garden?

Even then... 'ugh, think of all those aids-riddled worms that hang around pissing on your bay leaf plant all day'
wha?

aoifed said:
IEven then... 'ugh, think of all those aids-riddled worms that hang around pissing on your bay leaf plant all day'

you don't get it, singy mcgood voice

everyone knows cows have a shit life.

not everyone makes a video of a weird club where girls flash their udders.

cos you know what girls have.

udders.

and boys have tentacles. I know. I know. I'm just playing devils advocate. I'm not particularly comfortable with taking cows milk.
I do try to avoid it.

What are good sources of calcium apart from dairy?
Broccolli? How much of that shit do you need to eat in a week to suffice?
Beans?

aoifed said:
That's not funny Simon. My bones are crumbling as we speak.

sesame seeds. some flours and cereals. tofu. other stuff.

don't forget about the vitamin D to absorb the calcium

Since the hills dont need broadband, I cant view that video.

Some one tell me what is going on?

(speaking as a dairy farmers daughter ive never seen a cow with swollen udders like that and Ive never seen calves kept in their own shit and puke around here either or at any of the nighbours farms, hormones are illegal over here, hence why farmers were so pissed off about brazillian meat and such.)

Roisin said:
Since the hills dont need broadband, I cant view that video.

(speaking as a dairy farmers daughter ive never seen a cow with swollen udders like that and Ive never seen calves kept in their own shit and puke around here either or at any of the nighbours farms)
i wish i knew.

Roisin said:
I cant view that video.
It's kindof a graphic and emotive thing about milk and veal and such - with a gimmick at the start where dancing girls show off their milk-spouting udders. Not really too much of a fan of graphic and emotive things but...
I completely went off milk after breastfeeding - i really started feeling *ahem* a kind of sisterhood with them cows :eek:
Not completely vegan, still take the odd bit of cheese or whatever. Soya stuff is fine for cereal, and makes fairly nice yoghurt too... tho not plain that i've seen. Also am still giving the weaned baby cow's milk produce - can't completely shrug off the influence of the grandparents maybe!
To aoifed - My health hasn't suffered perceptibly (sp?), not extra tired, hope bones not getting crumbly... From what i've read tho, bovine milk products not meant to be such a great source of absorbable calcium... here's a linky http://www.milksucks.com/osteo.asp - a partisan site obviously but talking a lot of sense methinks.
But it's difficult because the dairy industry in this country is massive and so many people's livelihoods depend on it... However I hope eventually there'll be more diversifying, dairy farming not v. environmentally sound either. Srry Ro.

can i just point out that I posted the link because of the little bit of a video at the start not the usual PETA stuff towards the end. I thought it was funny in an aphex kind of way althoughit could have been darker.

i have been on some dairy farms too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back