MBV Gigs (1 Viewer)

Enjoy! After listening to it a couple of times, it's so much more powerful than the original.

Can't wait to hear the lossless version.

their ATP-by show was unbelievable, way better than the e.p. One according to folk I met who were at both events. Drummer was absolutely outstanding

felt sorry for the drummer when watching him during you made me realise.

funny video of him and kev shields pissed during an interview.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

justwetwo.jpg

i just saw mbv last night in sf.

spectrum supported with a cracking set of basically sonic boom's most rocking stuff. amazing renditions of transparent radiation, suicide, how you satisfy me, revolution. i didn't think he had it in him to still rock so much. he looks well skinny as usual, and there were a couple of moments where it looked like he was struggling to get through the songs, but for the most part it was hairs standing up on my neck moments. reaffirming.

mbv cranked up the volume right from the start. one of the loudest gigs i've ever been to. i think the reason they played in the giant convention centre of a venue that they did was because it was the only place that would let them play that loud. there's something astounding about watching a show played at those levels. i'd seen them in the sfx years ago but this was much more impressive for me for some reason. could have been the sound last night - colossal but still preserving fidelity. i had the same 30 second moments of "what the fuck song is this?" before recognising it. i even got into the noise solo for you made me realise at the end of the set. at the sfx show i thought the noise solo was boring and pretty monotonous but last night it was varied, intense - it was like standing in front of a jet aeroplane. overall, totally mindblowing.

anyone left to see them is in for a treat

reviewed in new Record Collector

heard the new release date is 3 November.

Isn't Anything does not include Instrumental A and B, from the 7" that came with the LP. A missed opportunity.

What 7" is this?
I bought it on vinyl when it came out and never got a 7".

What 7" is this?
I bought it on vinyl when it came out and never got a 7".

has two tracks called Instrumental A and Instrumental B. Sleeve is plain white.
They're ok, nice to have but nothing special.

I bought my copy in the Virgin Megastore. Saturday in November 1988 - think it had come out the previous Monday. Got Daydream Nation, Bug, Been There Seen That Done That (!) and I Am Kurious Oranj on the same day.

Got mine in Comet around the same time. Still has the hard plastic covers Comet used to do on it.
20 years ago and I feel really ripped off.
I'll bet Comet took the 7"s out and sold them seperately.

Got mine in Comet around the same time. Still has the hard plastic covers Comet used to do on it.
20 years ago and I feel really ripped off.
I'll bet Comet took the 7"s out and sold them seperately.

I remember being in Comet that day. They had bags that were white and blue with a moon on them. I remember it because they were blasting Front 242's Headhunter really loud.

initial copies of isnt anything came with a 7". the tracks are pretty meh imho, ones got that shitty 'justify my love' drumloop....

Isn't that the beat they sampled from some Public Enemy song? I really like that tune (Instrumental B).. Instrumental A is a bit pointless though.

There's supposed to be 2 new albums in the works, one where Kev completes the mid 90s stuff he was working on (which turned out to be a lot better than he thought at the time) and another one of totally new material.. God knows when, though, if it takes this long just to release the remasters..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back