Madeleine McCann, I know this may make me sound like a cunt. (1 Viewer)

lucky_dresden

Her parents are talking up the strength of their religion making them stronger.

But as a non-religion person i think a healthy scepticism and suspicion might have stopped her being abducted in the first place.

As an aside, unlike most celebrities have professed recently, I have taken my daughter away on holiday, even gotten excessively drunk. The most time I've taken my eyes off her of her room may have stretched to three or four seconds at the most at any one time.

That's how you have to live your life when you have kids. You don't take shit for granted.

God might give them comfort now, but the devil would have told them how the world really works!

Arseholes!

iStock_can%20of%20worms.jpg

im not religious either, but for fucks sake - if her parents need to turn to religion during this time, let them fucking do it.

regurgitating the arguments against them for leaving their kids in the house are as useful as flogging a dead horse.

their kid has been snatched - probably by perverts. they must be experiencing unimaginable torment.

let them have their religion - if it appeases their suffering even for a minute, what's the problem?

I am pretty much off the scales in the amount of contempt I hold the Catholic in. I mean, I hate them... a lot. I want nothing whatsoever to do with them, and if am unsure about and issue I generally look to see what position they take it, and go with the opposite.
Like, me and the better half were watching that Deliver us from Evil documentary the other night, and she looked over half way through, just as it became clear that the Bishops knew about this molesting priest and lied, and asked me "Is this fueling your hatred for the Catholic church?" And I said, honestly, "no". Because, I simply can't hate them any more.
So... yeah. Not a big fan.

And even I would never think that religion caused them to lose their kid.
In fact, if I was friends with them not only would I tell them that I thought that they should carry on with their praying and things, if they wanted other people to prey for them I would pray, if it gave them some sort of comfort.

I have taken my daughter away on holiday, even gotten excessively drunk. The most time I've taken my eyes off her of her room may have stretched to three or four seconds at the most at any one time.

you call her parents arseholes for having faith, yet talk (with an air of pride) about how you get 'excessively drunk' in front of your daughter on holiday?

!ironyyy

isn't there quite enough of this in every newspaper and tv program in the world (i mean: tabloids and sky news)? can't we just leave it?

Her parents are talking up the strength of their religion making them stronger.

But as a non-religion person i think a healthy scepticism and suspicion might have stopped her being abducted in the first place.

As an aside, unlike most celebrities have professed recently, I have taken my daughter away on holiday, even gotten excessively drunk. The most time I've taken my eyes off her of her room may have stretched to three or four seconds at the most at any one time.

That's how you have to live your life when you have kids. You don't take shit for granted.

God might give them comfort now, but the devil would have told them how the world really works!

Arseholes!
You're absolutely right. It does make you sound like a cunt.

My heart breaks for the fact that some cunts have taken this child and have done God knows what unspeakable acts to that poor girl. But, realistically, I think we can all assume she's been dead a while.

Let her parents have their religion and whatever comfort they can get from it.

But, let them be prosecuted when it all dies down, for being such utter cunts for leaving an innocent child in such a vulnerable position in the first place. They are not strong. They are guilty and probably self-proscribed up to their bollocks on whatever medication makes them "calm".

If any of us left our child alone like that, we would be getting a visit from the Health Baord and Police in short order.

There's no problem being excessivley drunk in front of your children, as it's not illegal to be drunk. So long as someone could take care of them. Hands up here whose parents were never excessivley drunk in front of them.

We've had way too much coverage of this case in the media. This is all down to the scare tactics that they've been using for the past few years and the money-making appeal to Murdoch et all, of sensationalising every tragedy.

There's more to this case than meets the eye. Obviously there are details we won't be privy to as that's par for the course in any investigation, but I think the parents are culpable in some way. Do they deserve what happened to have happened? Obviously not. No one does. But they do deserve to at least have their right to be parents questionned.

Yeah, Lucky. You do sound like a cunt. But it's not the Church's fault. This time. It's partly the parents and mostly the scum who abducted her.

But, realistically, I think we can all assume she's been dead a while.

oh can we? why is that?

But, let them be prosecuted when it all dies down, for being such utter cunts for leaving an innocent child in such a vulnerable position in the first place. They are not strong. They are guilty and probably self-proscribed up to their bollocks on whatever medication makes them "calm".

if i even try and respond to this i'll only end up bloodying my fists against the keyboard.

I don't think that was with an air of pride. I think that was making a point.

well it came across as such to me.

because the general gist (i believe) of the original post was "im a better parent, check me out - i can get langered and my kid's still ok. check out those mccann assholes - religious freaks and now they've lost their kid."

i dont see how their having anything to do with religion has anything to do with their daughter's abduction - nor do I think they should be lambasted as they have been.

who's to say she wouldnt have been snatched even if a babysitter had been in the living room watching tv?

i fucking give up. this whole story sucks and i love how we all moan about it being in the media yet perpetuate it by going on about it here.

im done!

do we really have opinions about this? this isn't what colour should we paint the hall. this is some kid who was taken by some oddball. and yet it becomes a discussion about the caterlicks and bad parenting. bollocks. when it happens to you, pontificate (see what i did) on how to deal with it. for now, why fucking bother? youse cunts are upsetting me.

I hope there was at least one sober person there when you were excessively drunk looking after children.

im not religious either, but for fucks sake - if her parents need to turn to religion during this time, let them fucking do it.

regurgitating the arguments against them for leaving their kids in the house are as useful as flogging a dead horse.

their kid has been snatched - probably by perverts. they must be experiencing unimaginable torment.

let them have their religion - if it appeases their suffering even for a minute, what's the problem?
This is what I actually wanted to say.

do we really have opinions about this? this isn't what colour should we paint the hall. this is some kid who was taken by some oddball. and yet it becomes a discussion about the caterlicks and bad parenting. bollocks. when it happens to you, pontificate (see what i did) on how to deal with it. for now, why fucking bother? youse cunts are upsetting me.

This thread is a pontificator's paradise, Hector - it's only gonna get worse from here. It's like Sky News on the internet. A thread for people with an opinion on everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back