Mad Men Season 7 - EXPECT SPOILERS (3 Viewers)

Having said all that the most recent episode, enjoyable as it was, was really poorly set up. Megan and Don on speaking terms again, Ginsberg's breakdown, the threesome, all sort of bungled in out of nowhere. Pretty shoddy.

I loved Betty when it started, now I groan when ever they show her. Sally is by far my favorite character. I hope Megan and her friend run away with Charles Manson. The show needs more Stan too.

Having said all that the most recent episode, enjoyable as it was, was really poorly set up. Megan and Don on speaking terms again, Ginsberg's breakdown, the threesome, all sort of bungled in out of nowhere. Pretty shoddy.

I agree completely. After some great episodes recently that one was pretty poor. Ginsberg's demise was completely implausible, going from relative sanity to raving lunatic in the space of 3 scenes. And, after being mad with Don, Megan accepts a complete stranger into her house with no more than a "poor dear". She gets jealous of this other woman but thinks a threesome is a good idea (??). The quick construction of the Philip Morris deal and Harry meeting Don and spilling the beans came across as a heavy handed way to get Don back in the game. And how was he given the freedom to take a seat and make a speech at the meeting? Shouldn't he have been ushered out of the room pretty fast?

They also could have done with cutting a few storylines to leave room to flesh out the most important ones. How many story lines were they juggling? 6? Maybe 7? Normally the characterisation and the pacing are pretty strong with the show, so hopefully its just a temporary glitch.

I can't say I notice a lot about art direction, but you gotta give kudos for this stuff
Exhibit A
14228530771_8c222bb178.jpg

Exhibit B

14208651896_f8b2884ab5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back