League of Ireland - Do people here watch it? (1 Viewer)

Haha found out earlier where Kazan is - what the fuck is this team doing in the 'Europa' league? Hahaha!

That's the only one I wanna go to,gonna sit down and price flights/trains/whatever else.Always wanted to go to Russia and here's the perfect excuse.On the 30th of November though,its gonna be fucking cold.

Bottom of the group as expected,thought we were unlucky to concede three on the night but it is European competition and you will get punished for your mistakes.that Dublin mountains end is cursed when it comes to penalties,knew we weren't gonna score it.Anyway,the league is top priority,I'll take beatings in every game if we hold onto the league come seasons end.

Tottenham Hotspurs - Cudicini; Walker, Bassong, Corluka, Rose; Lennon, Carroll, Livermore, Giovani; Defoe, Pavlyuchenko

Shamrock Rovers: Richard Brush, Pat Sullivan, Dan Murray, Craig Sives, James Paterson, Gary McCabe, Stephen Rice, Stephen O'Donnell, Ronan Finn, Billy Dennehy, Gary Twigg.

Could be a long 90 minutes ahead.

Done well alright,Rice had an excellent first half in particular.Never expected anything from the game so to go in front for 5 minutes was nice.Goals conceded were sloppy but we'll learn from it I'm sure.
We had better not slip up against Drogheda on Sunday in the league after this.

bounced around the gaf like a t5 year old when Rovers scored. Then went out to get my dinner out of the oven. When I sat down it was 2-1. Still really good defensively for an hour. Spurs class told in the end, Rovers supporters were excellent.

What did you have for dinner? I'd already eaten a burrito before kick off.

It was gas listening to the commentary on Al Jazeera: 'Cudicini knocks it out to Santos.... Rovers here coming off the back of a victory over Bray Wanderers on Sunday'. It was surreal!

What did you have for dinner? I'd already eaten a burrito before kick off.

I had Chorizo and chick pea stew with roasted potatoes. Tonight I had Piella (well kind of piella home made rice and spanish stuff (does anyone know where you can get proper piella rice? and am I spelling piella wrong ? ) with chorizo and prawns) and watched probably the best example I've ever seen of how not to play against 10 men. Basically have no width and kick as much possesion away as you can by needlessly lumping it forward as often as you can. Rickettes looked good when he came on but it was all a bit tired. I fear Europe may lose Rovers the league here. Still think Sligo will fuck it up though.

We can't blame Europe,o'neills ultra conservative tactics are at fault.time after time after time we're a goal up at half time and he decides to try see it out rather than pushing on and finishing teams off.absolutely ridiculous,with that team we should have the league wrapped up by now or at least be a lot more comfortable.I wouldn't be upset at all if he departs at the end of the season.
Hopefully Im wrong but I can't see the bitters slipping up now and I can't see us winning our last four games.

I had Chorizo and chick pea stew with roasted potatoes. Tonight I had Piella (well kind of piella home made rice and spanish stuff (does anyone know where you can get proper piella rice? and am I spelling piella wrong ? ).

It's paella, isn't it?
I had a chickpea and red lentil stew with halloumi and cous-cous. No football.

Hopefully Im wrong but I can't see the bitters slipping up now and I can't see us winning our last four games.

Well,thankfully I was incorrect on the first part of that,fair play to the junkies tonight.Now for us to do our part and beat Bray tomorrow,if we can't do that we don't deserve to win the league.

Yr not a shels fan are you?My sympathies if so,this must be the third season in a row they're gonna bottle it.
I am indeed. Yeah we are going to bottle it again. The club is in the first division for a very good reason and I would be happy to be promoted provided we haven't outright bought out it like we did the last league title. But putting that aside FUCKS SAKE SHELS!!!! Going to Shels-Pats tomorrow in the cup which should be great.

Will probably head along to that myself if Im in Dublin,can't see past pats to be honest but it is the cup as we seen with sheriffs freak (fixed?) result.sligo will probably go on to win the cup but Im sure they'll be more upset after blowing the league title.good enough for them.
As for shels,I would be very surprised if they don't get promoted and they certainly still have the winning of the first division in them,that game on the last day of the season could be a huge affair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back