Kurt Vile & the Violators, Whaleans, Sun 19 Feb 2012 (1 Viewer)

doesnt sound like the gig I was at, thought it was excellent, the support band "windings" were good as well

Windings are class. Always have been. Maybe that was the problem. They were too hard an act to follow.

some people seemed to be able to get into Kurt Vile's set. Not many though, unless they were doing it on the inside, and I wasn't one of them.

Some lad on twitter (kindly [strike]re-[/strike]spam-tweeted by Foggy Notions) reckoned last night's gig was "Wonderful, loose, organic, rocking set from Kurt Vile at whelanslive , quite unique"

You guys didn't witness a wonderfully unique rocking set in some sort of loose & organic way? Oh well.

Some lad on twitter (kindly [strike]re-[/strike]spam-tweeted by Foggy Notions) reckoned last night's gig was "Wonderful, loose, organic, rocking set from Kurt Vile at @WhelansLive , quite unique"

You guys didn't witness a wonderfully unique rocking set in some sort of loose & organic way? Oh well.

ya see kids, the drugs do work

I enjoyed it. The solo finger picky acoustic stuff I can take or leave, but when he played with the band I thought it sounded great, loose 70's rock jams.

It was patchy but some definite highlights - Peeping Tom was lovely. They were a bit sloppy at times though and the encore went on for too long, they lost a bit of momentum. Still, it was their first gig of the tour so you can forgive them a little ramshackleness.

Windings were boring except for the last two songs, which were terrific. If those two are an indication of their new album then I'd be interested to hear more. Not bad for a Sunday night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back