Keane joins Celtic (2 Viewers)

I apologise. I knew all that. Thank you, though.

What does that have to do with money?

It was just bizarrely draconian, no?
It wasn't draconian, it was the rules, that's all. Think of every player that's ever been suspended. Presumably the rules apply there too. In order to serve your suspension, you have to be registered, right? Obviously every other team with a suspended player has to do it. As for money, clearly it's a reference to only being able to pay their intern with offal and lark's tongues and as such they can only hire idiots for the office. I'd say that's what it is.

I apologise. I knew all that. Thank you, though.

What does that have to do with money?

It was just bizarrely draconian, no?

I imagine that they perceive themselves as a small club being shafted to the benefit of a larger, richer one, Celtic's money woes compared to clubs in England notwithstanding. The Scottish rights to the games would be sold as part of the British rights overall, which are much more lucrative to UEFA than the Polish ones.

It wasn't draconian, it was the rules, that's all. Think of every player that's ever been suspended. Presumably the rules apply there too. In order to serve your suspension, you have to be registered, right? Obviously every other team with a suspended player has to do it. As for money, clearly it's a reference to only being able to pay their intern with offal and lark's tongues and as such they can only hire idiots for the office. I'd say that's what it is.

I'm no sure that rules and punishment are the same thing.
They could have fined them. Their hands weren't tied.

I'm no sure that rules and punishment are the same thing.
They could have fined them. Their hands weren't tied.
Yeah, it's a load of bollocks, I agree. But it's clearly what all clubs have to do. Anyway, they didn't kick them out, they just voided the result in Parkhead, and awarded it to Celtic 3-0, which put them through on away goals. If one of those penos had gone in in Warsaw...

What's the money situation like at Celtic? Are they in desperate need to sell to survive or is it just the case that the SPL is so easy for them now they can cash in and still be champions, even though it means their chances in Europe are seriously damaged?

Oh, also

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Definitely the latter. They are not struggling to survive, actually as of a year or so ago they are no longer in debt which means no big interest payments every year, so they are not particularly worried. I think the idea is to build up a certain amount of fluidity that can then be used year by year to improve facilities and bring in better young players, or something like that.

Also, I can't wait to see what ludicrous 'punishment' UEFA hand Legia for that banner (which is hilarious and they are dead right, fuck UEFA) and I can't wait for Celtic to get drawn in the same group as Legia tomorrow!

Yeah, it's a load of bollocks, I agree. But it's clearly what all clubs have to do. Anyway, they didn't kick them out, they just voided the result in Parkhead, and awarded it to Celtic 3-0, which put them through on away goals. If one of those penos had gone in in Warsaw...

With respect, didn't they pick that exact score because it was the minimum to put Celtic through?

With respect, didn't they pick that exact score because it was the minimum to put Celtic through?

Generally 3-0 is the standard result that is awarded to a team when a game is abandoned or voided. If you get so many players sent off (I think it's 5) that the game can't continue, it's an automatic 3-0, or if a game is abandoned due to one side's fans rioting.

Yeah 3-0 is standard, happens to me in Pro Evo all the time when I get fucked off, score 11 own goals, and then start hacking the computer to bits for a laugh so that it can only get a 3-0 win off me

looking forward to the book towards the end of the week. with pretty much no playing football to talk about what do we have to look forward to here?

Fergie
Leaving Utd
Celtic Season
Apparently dishing dirt on Fergie's Magnier and Mcmanus horse situation
Returning to play for Ireland
Sunderland/Ipswich
Up against Mick McCarthy as manager

anyone besides Fergie in line for some serious shit from him?

That cunt hasn't "written" another fucking book, has he? If Jason McAteer could read, I bet he wouldn't read it.

Let me summarise: "I looked at Alex ( I refuse to call him SIR cos I don't recognise the queen). It turns out he was a cunt, and I was right. Mick McCarthy, clearly a cunt. I left Sunderland with a job well done, I thought. Brought them up, then left them in a state of accelerated stasis. Problem was, they was all cunts. Ipswich? Cunts. I grew a beard. I talk to my beard. My beard is my friend. I can't understand a word Paul Lambert says. Race horses are for cunts. When Triggs died I thought to my self, you weak cunt. Cunt."

Saved you the embarrassment of having to buy the book there. Although, I hope Criths did the illustrations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back