Jaysus cycling! (2 Viewers)

last time i commuted by bike was about ten years ago, and it was roughly on a par with a car - but this was before they got rid of the toll bridges on the M50. i was cycling from blanchardstown to leopardstown, and it typically took under an hour.
the cycle would still be the same, but the car trip isn't hamstrung by the queue for the tolls anymore.

D:

Tour de France competitor Bartosz Huzarski defends prominent veins after posting picture of legs in 18th stage - Cycling - Sport - The Independent

MgL9AAN.jpg

Hoping someone may have some knowledge on a bike tyre problem I'm having. I bought a pair of Schwalbe 700-23 tyres for my Giant OCR4. When I try fitting them they go on grand. When I try inflating them part of the tyre starts popping off the rim on both wheels. On closer examination of the old tyres they were 700-25.

Hoping someone may have some knowledge on a bike tyre problem I'm having. I bought a pair of Schwalbe 700-23 tyres for my Giant OCR4. When I try fitting them they go on grand. When I try inflating them part of the tyre starts popping off the rim on both wheels. On closer examination of the old tyres they were 700-25.
is it around the valve? The size should be fine. The tube probably isnt sitting into the tyre properly.

I hate cleaning my damn chain. Get a stiff small brush, spray WD40 on it, scrub it then wipe down with cloth. I got some of that chain protective lube stuff too as i found that after i cleaned it it would deteriorate much faster as i took the protective grease crap off it too

I hate cleaning my damn chain. Get a stiff small brush, spray WD40 on it, scrub it then wipe down with cloth. I got some of that chain protective lube stuff too as i found that after i cleaned it it would deteriorate much faster as i took the protective grease crap off it too

I wouldn't use WD40 on it at all.

Get as much as you can off with some rags and an old scrubbing brush.

Then use lube on it. Give it a good coating - enough so it gets in there - but also take as much of the excess off with another rag. You want just enough on there to do its job.
Lube and oil attract dirt.

And it goes without saying not to leave your bike in the rain, as much as possible.

I use washing up liquid and an old cloth for cleaning off the chain then lube on it but only on the inside of the chain where it makes contact with the cassette and chain rings.

I'm liking the chain tips! Not using the WD40 will be like giving up smokes, its so damn effective at get the shit off it'll be hard not to use it but i can see where you're coming from.

The more rain the shittier my chain gets alright too

I'm liking the chain tips! Not using the WD40 will be like giving up smokes, its so damn effective at get the shit off it'll be hard not to use it but i can see where you're coming from.

The more rain the shittier my chain gets alright too

Just try the washing up liquid and if it's really bad take the chain off and soak it in a basin of luke warm water and washing up liquid. The WD40 will be adding to your chain's dirt collecting ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back