JAIL (1 Viewer)

jails are awful places to get into. takes about half an hour to get anywhere, cos wardens are usually restricted to certain areas.

when I was in high school, we went on a field trip to a medium security prison. It wasn't one of those 'scared straight' programmes, it was actually about giving us an opportunity to understand the penal system from the convict's perspective. They had these dudes who were in for pretty serious crimes come out and talk to us. Apart from the fact that it was a really good way for a young teenage girl in the suburbs to really see that these 'violent criminals' you hear about are regular human beings, the thing that really stuck with me was when I asked what the worst thing about prison was. The dude said that it didn't matter how many luxuries you had, if you had TV, or whatever, the worst part is that you can't leave. It's so simple, he said, but it was the worst part. You can't just go home because you don't want to be there anymore.

He also told us that armed robbers (he was in for armed robbery) don't get too much flak, but rapists and kiddy fiddlers had to fear for their lives, but I'm sure that's no surprise to anyone. It was just the first time I'd really heard of that.

here Clive, tell us about the time you got sent down

I've done time alright. One night in the cells. It was shit. They took my belt and shoelaces from me. Then, once when I was really hard up for money I worked as an extra (prisoner) in the 'joy on some tv series. Horrible day. Had to endure an awful lot of verbal abuse from real prisoners.

I've done time alright. One night in the cells. It was shit. They took my belt and shoelaces from me. Then, once when I was really hard up for money I worked as an extra (prisoner) in the 'joy on some tv series. Horrible day. Had to endure an awful lot of verbal abuse from real prisoners.

There's no escape clive

lg.jpg

You'll be doing hard time.

i went to wandsworth jail to visit a guy i used to work with....after he wrote to me..... he worked in final vinyl in camden st. w/ me ........

place is fucking mad

ACTUALL SOME PPL WILL KNOW HIM AS Jim the big guy who used to play tin whistle in blood or whikey

gotta go to werk now (as usual) but shall write a text file about it and post it......

MENTAL

Spent a night in a cell when I was 18, main thing I remember was the gard havin an awful time trying to wake me up at around 7 the next morning to let me go coz I'd drank so much the night before, ha I probably would have slept there til 4 if they'd have let me.

I had to go to the 'joy once for a play that was on (!). It was pretty grim. Lots of time-delay shit and very, very tall walls and a door that they called the President's door because they built it specially for the president's visit so she wouldn't have to go through the gym area and thus be unduly exposed. I can't remember if it was McAleese or Robinson it was for. I didn't get to see cells or anything like that and just met a few prisoners - just the ones who were involved in the play. I had to try really hard not to ask everyone I met why they were in prison. Curiosity and all that.

I once rode the daughter of a shade who arrested me years ago, beat that for revenge.

how did he take it when you told him/rubbed his nose in it/sent him the tapes?

i once encountered a chap who claimed to have rode richie kavanaghs daughter and bet up his son. i guess this was revenge for all of us rather than personal revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back