Israel to join the EU? (1 Viewer)

vertrauen

Website
Visit site
Katsav says Israel wants to join EU
BERLIN

Israeli President Moshe Katsav is firmly in favor of his country joining the European Union, he said in an interview in the March 11 edition of Bild newspaper.

"I would like Israel to be a member of the European Union," Katsav told Bild am Sonntag.

"We are a democratic state and we are economically and technologically at the European level. I hope there will be no resistance to our membership," he added

Katsav said Israel was "ready to make painful compromises" in order to reach peace with the Palestinians. "But one must realize that Israel has not been in such danger as it is today for nearly 30 years."

I can't decide whether this is irony or not.

http://www.metimes.com/2K1/issue2001-11/reg/katsav_says_israel.htm

it should not be even considered until israli oppresion of palestine stops.
if you are anti palestinian and pro israeli and you want israel to join the eu, then the palestinians will also have free access to europe and can help thier cause with european allies.

Originally posted by Ragnarok
it should not be even considered until israli oppresion of palestine stops.
if you are anti palestinian and pro israeli and you want israel to join the eu, then the palestinians will also have free access to europe and can help thier cause with european allies.

quote ragnorak , from an earlier thread

"i don't like jews"

so your anti-semitism is making you stick up for the arabs , who I imagined you would hate anyway as they are not white people .

if the arabs were not pretty pissed with Israel I suspect you would be saying horrid things about them the way you slagged off nigerian people .

every irish man should feel for the palestinians. they are getting a harder time than we ever got.
the comments i made on this thread were neutral. they have not been influenced by my disliking for the jews.

every irish man should feel for the palestinians. they are getting a harder time than we ever got.
the comments i made on this thread were neutral. they have not been influenced by my disliking for the jews.

dude , your vocabulary is terrible .

I find it amusing that you feel so deeply for the palestinians yet don't give a flying fuck about the human rights violations in nigeria ( if you did you wouldn't be bitching about people seeking asylum from nigeria ) .

thanks 'dude'!
i still would not like palestinians coming over here and taking our money. i have sympathy for the nigerians in nigeria as i do for the palestinians in palestine. however palestine has the world against them. what chance do they have when the usa is backing israel? israel is the 51st state. the only thing they can resort to is terrorism as politics do not work in their case.

thanks 'dude'!
i still would not like palestinians coming over here and taking our money. i have sympathy for the nigerians in nigeria as i do for the palestinians in palestine. however palestine has the world against them. what chance do they have when the usa is backing israel? israel is the 51st state. the only thing they can resort to is terrorism as politics do not work in their case.

so despite your deep understanding of the political situations in both palestine and nigeria your sympathy does not extend to a welcome for people obviously fleeing for their lives . instead you whinge about how these people are taking "our money" . how compassionate .

if we were all as compassionate as you we would have no country left. there are many other countries worse off than the two mentioned. why should we of all countries help? and do not give me that bullshit about we should return the favour as we emmigrated in the past. as i have said on the other thread we have had a hard time in history and now the celtic tiger is dead we can not cater for all these foreigners. tv3 news today said we are the 2nd most expensive country in the eu to live in. i am not here in this thread to dicuss immigration. i made my point in my first post on this thread. you are not making any points in referance to this thread, you are simply trying to annoy me.

the more you say, the less sense you make.

if we were all as compassionate as you we would have no country left.

i am not here in this thread to dicuss immigration. i made my point in my first post on this thread. you are not making any points in referance to this thread, you are simply trying to annoy me.

if we were all as illiterate as you we would have no country left .

I was pointing out that your views about israel are slightly biased considering you are a complete anti-semetic . that is all .

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
if we were all as illiterate as you we would have no country left .

I was pointing out that your views about israel are slightly biased considering you are a complete anti-semetic . that is all .

you mean "a complete anti-semite" or "completely anti-semetic", right? see - everyone makes mistakes. i could even be making a mistake in correcting you, but i think i'm right, probably wrong though. calling people illiterate as some kind of message board putdown is dumb, i'm sure there are bigger flaws with the guy which you can pick out and pick on. anyways - there's plenty of people hanging out on far left and far middle who can't spell properly, it's not a crime.

so yo - stop talking about the dudes spelling ability, it's boring.

andrew

Originally posted by spiritualtramp
shouldn't you be posting pictures of squirrels ? thats really interesting .

sarcasm-crematory.jpg

:) :) :)

andrew

rad alarm is right. you have nothing to say so you attack me in a childish manner. i ask you not to label rad alarm as a right wing sympathiser, he's simply making a good point. thanks rad.

rad alarm is right. you have nothing to say so you attack me in a childish manner. i ask you not to label rad alarm as a right wing sympathiser, he's simply making a good point. thanks rad.

I have plenty to say . you are a hypocrite .

you are more like Israel than you think . did you know they supported apartheid in south africa by selling them loads of weapons despite an international arms embargo ?

Israeli foreign policy = racist

you = racist

hence , you are quite similar to the country you so hate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back