Irish hc/punk bands are different? (1 Viewer)

Daniel

Website
www.myspace.com
A lot of Irish punk and hardcore bands are deadly and often sound quite more experimental, adventurous and different to stuff that comes from the UK and Europe IMO. Maybe its just me but almost all of the bands here have their own style to an extent. Is it because we are "forced" to start bands with people that have such different tastes in music because of the relatively small population (especially out side Dublin)? This is a good thing of course... just wondering if anyone else ever thought that?

Yeah, probably right to an extent, but as well most bands that don't conform to a certain sound often don't make it outside of their own scene, which is no bad thing, necessarily.

Absolutely true.
But that also means that at a gig, on the same night, you can get two bands with completely different or opposite sound and the crowd may like equally both.

absolutely agree! there are a handful of bands copyin the sound of that american beatdown stuff which is grand, but most irish bands def have their own style of hardcore which is class. youre right about the music tastes and thats what differs us from bands in the states where theres huge scenes and you start a band to ba a certain way and everyone thinks the same

Aye I think it's one of the benifits of having a small very mixed scene here. I think Irish bands in general have always tended to mix uk and us influences and with hardcore/crust there's an added euro influence.

I personally don't really like these bands, but.. they're just not beatdown hardcore. At all.
None of the "Moshspace bands" are.
So many people that know nothing about Moshspace have such mental misconceptions about it based on a handful of dopes.

i've only heard/seen First Death and yep they sure aint beatdown.

I personally don't really like these bands, but.. they're just not beatdown hardcore. At all.
None of the "Moshspace bands" are.
So many people that know nothing about Moshspace have such mental misconceptions about it based on a handful of dopes.

Come on like. :rolleyes:

l_40b609614c81d8c230404ea0816aacda.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back