Ireland vs Macedonia (1 Viewer)

All these pricks that are talking about playing for Ireland, we should call them all up and play them for 1 minute against some dopey team. Then let the shit ones fuck off and have a laugh at them, and keep the good ones to actually play, haha!

David Moyes doesn't thing much of our League over here !!!!

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/coleman-in-line-for-award-moyes-2589323.html

"He was sixty grand and one of the scouts picked him out from Ireland and he has come here. He's done a brilliant job for us"

"He's had no real footballing experience at this level, or any level at all, any very little full-time training and very little technical work so we hope there is going to be more improvement.

i think jamie o'hara is a good little player, and given englands problems on the left, could be in with a chance, why not. but i'd rather played for us. he's still young enough too. and his name is o'hara. he's alright in my book. pennant, however, can get fucked.

The fucking life this woman has

http://yfrog.com/gzxgwrbj
the traps eyeline...what a gent. he should be outside a bar in a busy piaza applauding fine arses as they waddle by and sucking down espresso and fags, not managing a bunch of mono-paced, monkey faced heathens in a rainy field in ireland. we're ruing that man's twilight years.
i feel ashamed. teh least we can do is win this game, in the italian fashion. 1-0.

the traps eyeline...what a gent. he should be outside a bar in a busy piaza applauding fine arses as they waddle by and sucking down espresso and fags, not managing a bunch of mono-paced, monkey faced heathens in a rainy field in ireland. we're ruing that man's twilight years.
i feel ashamed. teh least we can do is win this game, in the italian fashion. 1-0.

As long as he teaches her nothing about catenaccio, we'll be grand.
Hope springs eternal and all that.

David Moyes doesn't thing much of our League over here !!!!

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/coleman-in-line-for-award-moyes-2589323.html

"He was sixty grand and one of the scouts picked him out from Ireland and he has come here. He's done a brilliant job for us"

"He's had no real footballing experience at this level, or any level at all, any very little full-time training and very little technical work so we hope there is going to be more improvement.

Having listened to Moyes interviews for 9 years now I am going to go out on a limb here and say he was miss quoted. It wouldn't really fly with the Everton faithful to bad mouth the Irish league, we did sponser Home Farm at one stage and we make a point of coming over in pre season every year and getting beaten by an Irish side (Sligo hammered us 2-0 this summer, by hammered I mean it could have been 4 or 5).

I would imagine that there is a massive gulf in class between the technical ability of players from the continent and here and Britain. A mate from Germany said he studied football at school, he had to do a technique exam for his leaving cert this involved all the fundimentals of the game, sounds mental. I read that in Spain there are something like 3000(that number is almost certainly wrong) coaches with the eufa coaching badge (or whatever it's called) the vast majority work with kids whereas in Britan the number is closer to 500 all of whom deal with professional clubs.

I'll need someone else to back me up on this I read it somewhere ages ago and I've no idea where.

Speak of the Devil. Coleman's out now.

RTE says it's going to be

Westwood

Foley, Dunne, O Dea, Kilbane

McGeady, Whelan, Gibson, Duff

Doyle, Keane

I'm nervous as I know nothing about O Dea or Gibson as I've never seen them play (or I have seen Gibsons name on the team sheet and watched the match but I've never seen him actually do anything)

If it comes down to St Ledger being out too I hope Trap comes to his senses and gives Clark the nod at centre back, surely you have to give a guy playing regular Premier League football the slot over somebody who hasn't been more than just okay at Championship level or in Scotland (O'Dea).

Pity about Coleman and Leon Best being out too, could have had a real impact off the bench and probably would've got decent game time against Uruguay.

I'd be at a loss to understand how O'Dea could get the nod at centre back ahead of Clarke - both are full backs, no?

o'dea a central def too, but he's left footed so was shunted out there. i've always thought he's a tidy player, as cb says, he was excellent against the milan. it's good he's getting a run, we need someone to come thru. richie's not getting any younger and mcshane and st ledger aren't getting any better. here's hoping.

but seriously, is zinedine the best we can do at left back?

o'dea a central def too, but he's left footed so was shunted out there. i've always thought he's a tidy player, as cb says, he was excellent against the milan. it's good he's getting a run, we need someone to come thru. richie's not getting any younger and mcshane and st ledger aren't getting any better. here's hoping.

but seriously, is zinedine the best we can do at left back?

Stephen Ward and (ahem) Ian Harte, and you said it yourself - O'Dea, and play Clark in the middle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back