Ireland vs. France (1 Viewer)

Tardelli's really let himself go.

article-1118103-031257C3000005DC-605_468x386.jpg

Sorry Mark. Emphasis on the cunt, Theodore.
I'm well along the baldy road meself.

No worries. The rage is spilling out of me in every direction. You know yourself :) And I have to fucking live in France.

Bye the bye, Wenger and Lizarazu doing punditry on the telly here. Lizarazu in particular was squirming at the result, at one point he said he didn't want to talk about it anymore. But neither criticised Henry.

Hard to admit something like that afterwards if you'll get to the world cup on that basis.
Raging meself though.
See you in the Lower Deck, boss.

Not only did we lose, but I can't even find the post I made about 3 months ago where I insisted Ireland would get fucked over in their playoff game by a shit decision by a linesman or referee. Thierry Henry: France's Shame

Im like a jilted lover* scouring the web for a quote from Henry. Its eating me up!

* i used to go out with Thierry Henry

I know how you feel. I'm consoling myself with the comments of ashamed frenchmen on lequipe.fr

Not going to call Henry a cheat or a thief, the officials should have spotted it (plus the two players who were offside when the free kick was taken) and if one of our players had done that we'd call it good luck and take it. And McShane should've just booted the damn thing away anyway.
But fucking hell, we should have been out of sight by then. Three or four excellent chances to go 2-0 up in normal time. Duff and Keane are going to be haunted by those one-on-one misses.. Extra time was always going to push things in their favour with O'Shea and Whelan having been forced off and our other lads tiring.
I'm really proud of the team though, that was Ireland's best performance since the World Cup in '02 or possibly even Italy '94, we beat them over 90 minutes (so fuck that '22 years without a victory against a decent side away from home' thing out the window) and should have won the tie.
Just an absolute gut-punch that we were so agonisingly close and yet so far again. And it does prove that we can play a bit of proper football when we want, if all Trap has to say to them is 'play a bit higher up the pitch' then please let it be more like that for the next 2 years. Awful to see Duffer in tears and Trap looking desolate in his interview at the end there. At least we gave it a right fucking go and went out with a bang. Roll on the Euros..

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back