Ireland vs Engerland confirmed (3 Viewers)

nutmeg81

so 2 friendlies lined up against the auld enemy with us playing in wembley in 2013 and then in the aviva in late 2014.

cant believe we havent played them in 15 years.

here's hoping by then trapp will have fucked off and we may have a starting xi of prem players!!

westwood
coleman dunne clark wilson
brady mccarthy meyler mcclean
long walters/doyle

maybe forde, duffy/st ledger, kelly/foley, pearce, pilkington, be in the squad while green/keogh & mcshane will dissapear.

engerland may have oxendale chamberlain and sterling on the wings then too.

I was the match in 95, only two rows across from those lovely lads from across the water.
We fluked it to be one up. Le Tissier was great to watch that day and I reckon we would have lost the match fairly handy if it had played out.

Whereas with the quality we have now, I predict an expansive display of attacking football and a comfortable 3-0 victory for 'the Irish'.

I was the match in 95, only two rows across from those lovely lads from across the water.

I was in the uncovered east stand for it. My dad was in the west upper at the back, behind where the English were sitting as it happens. As soon as we scored he and his friend decided to get the hell out without speaking. Actually, I was sitting with his mate's kid who I didn't know. I must ask him if the reason for this was that either he or his mate found out where their tickets were, and where the English were going to be and thought it'd be a good idea to keep the kids away from them.

Yep, I was in the West Upper, which was rare for me, two rows across. To be honest, there were so few cops between the Irish and English fans in the West Upper that if the English really wanted to create carnage that night, they only had to storm the Irish fans. My impression was that most of them were happier to throw things, salute, sing 'no surrender..' and get a lift to the ferry.

I was in the North Terrace. They had pricks over in the corner.

Pretty sure I still have my ticket stub too. But, they gave out a free 'Jack Charlton Years' video to everyone who went to the next match as a way of making it up to those at the Ireland-England game. I couldn't go to the next game though, didn't get my video, and still feel cheated.

Pricks

Great it's mid table premiership versus mid to bottom half premiership and Aiden McGeady. Better off going and watching any Fulham match.

Seriously Craven Cottage is lovely, it's relatively cheap, Fulham play nice ball the right way and their fans are a credit to the sport. They're playing West Brom soon bet it's a far better game than this drudgery.

Oh I had a school boy ticket for that '95 match but my Da stopped me going by paying me the price of the ticket plus a tenner because he heard from a mate in the gardai that there was going to be ructions at it. After Kelly scored I was extremely bitter but by the end we were all mates again. True story. I probably spent the tenner on cans so everyone was a winner.

Actually remember school boy tickets ? you could get them from your club they were something like £5 and you got to stand beside absolute piss head scum. I miss football.

£2 in the South Terrace in '86. Jumpers for goalposts....

T
0.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back