Iranian captives (1 Viewer)

lucky_dresden

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6503657.stm

What's up with this?

Best quality armed services in the world, captured by some hoods in speed boats while backed up by a rather large warship and probably several carrier battlegroups not too far away.

Newsnight showed some footage tonight with the marines in the Iranian boats, still carrying their rifles and sidearms.

The Iranians are really taking the piss out of the brits now.

End of empire indeed.

According to some bloke on Sky News today there is no clearly defined boundary between Iranian & Iraqi territorial waters (which was not what Kay Burley wanted to hear at all). He said the only recognised agreement between the two countries is from the 1970's & related only to the Shatt al-Arab waterway.

Interesting to see the GPS photo taken above the boat they had been searching released today. Leaving aside the fact that GPS is easily spoofed, I'm not really sure how this proves where the boat was four days ago.

I'm very dubious as to wether the brits were in Iraqi waters.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6503657.stm
e warship and probably several carrier battlegroups not too far away.

Newsnight showed some footage tonight with the marines in the Iranian boats, still carrying their rifles and sidearms.

The Iranians are really taking the piss out of the brits now.

End of empire indeed.

That about sums it up.

Interesting to see the GPS photo taken above the boat they had been searching released today. Leaving aside the fact that GPS is easily spoofed, I'm not really sure how this proves where the boat was four days ago.

See, the whole 5 days to "attempt" to prove otherwise? Which of their own experts do they have to kill now?

Oh, don't fucking start me. They know they're in the wrong. They just need to start trading prisoners out of the public eye.

Or stingers, let's say.

We all know the game here.

_42739191_crewgrab1_203.jpg

Yes. Yes, I'd slaughter her.

Forever.

_42739191_crewgrab1_203.jpg

Actually, re yer wan in the vijo. Remember when those blokes were shot down in the first Gulf War and they were on telly and they looked as if they'd been thru' the ringer (Yeah, they crahed; I know they weren't beaten)? And yer man was all winks with his nudge nudge secret codes?

There's yer wan, smiling and talking shite. Not in the least bit embarrassed.

'Cos she has a smoke.

Die in the escape attempt, ye babykilling cunt.

Dear mum and dad

I am writing to you from Iran where I am being held. I will try to explain to you the best what has happened.

We were out in the boats when we were arrested by Iranian forces as we had apparently gone into Iranian waters. I wish we hadn't because then I'd be home with you all right now. I am so sorry we did, because I know we wouldn't be here now if we hadn't.

I want you all to know that I am well and safe. I am being well looked after. I am fed 3 meals a day and have a constant supply of fluids.

The people are friendly and hospitable, very compassionate and warm. I have written a letter to the Iranian people to apologise for us entering into their waters.

Please don't worry about me, I am staying strong. Hopefully it won't be long until I am home to get ready for Molly's birthday party with a present from Iranian people.

Look after everyone for me, especially Adam and Molly.
I love you all more than you will ever know.

All my love,
Faye

the grammar in the royal navy is worse than i had feared!

"I am fed 3 meals a day and have a constant supply of fluids."

Two Man Spuds smothered with Baby Gravy. That's enough fluids for you, young lady. And I use that word lightly.

That has to be code. Who says "fluids"?

Captives. Yeah...them. Whatever they want to be known as.

What's it really about though?

Why and how did they allow themselves to be captured?

Is this just another black op to get Iran more and more embroiled in this thing?

What are they up to?

Captives. Yeah...them. Whatever they want to be known as.

What's it really about though?

Why and how did they allow themselves to be captured?

Is this just another black op to get Iran more and more embroiled in this thing?

What are they up to?

I dunno.

"Representative of the House of Commons, I am writing to inform you of my situation. I am a British serviceperson currently being held in Iran. I would like you all to know of the treatment I have received here. The Iranian people are kind, considerate, warm, compassionate and very hospitable. They have brought me no harm but have looked after me well. I have been fed, clothed and well cared for.

"Unfortunately during the course of our mission we entered into Iranian waters. Even through our wrongdoing, they have still treated us well and humanely, which I am and always will be eternally grateful.

"I ask the representatives of the House of Commons, after the Government have promised that this type of incident would not happen again, why have they let this occur, and why has the Government not been questioned over this?

"Isn't it time for us to start withdrawing our forces from Iraq and let them determine their own future? "Faye Turney 27/3/07."

they're just taking the piss now

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back