In defence of hipsters (3 Viewers)

Seriously, though. Who actually likes "poor people"? Fucking nobody, that's who.

If I'm out in Dublin the big concern is that some drunk will try to batter me rather than a drug addict* will ask me for money. Just me?

* Obviously the drunk may be a drug addict too, but his drug is the acceptable kind, but that's another issue.

I used to be a heavy user of the city at night, in all states of sobriety and inebriation. Beggars can be a huge irritant but never in my experience have they been a threat. I see people shooting up the odd time but they're again no threat. It's unfortunate I suppose that you can't sit or stand outside a café or pub in parts of the city without being tapped for change but be thankful you'll probably never be at the other side of that exchange. There are a few very aggressive lads around O'Connell St that are a pain in the hole, they skirt the line between begging and mugging. I've never been physically attacked by one but when a lad is shouting in your face it's unpleasant. This has been during the day, now that I think of it, not at night. I can't say if my lack of trouble despite the frequency of my visits to the Nightown are typical or reflective of my size, there are easier targets out there for intimidation etc.

I can't say if my lack of trouble despite the frequency of my visits to the Nightown are typical or reflective of my size, there are easier targets out there for intimidation etc.

Until recently I've never felt worried about getting hassle in town, for broadly similar reasons, people would want to be pretty desperate to target me when there's more low hanging fruit out there. I was targeted once when I was 17 at a kids disco in Waterford, by a guy who I assume had a case of small man syndrome.

Until recently I've never felt worried about getting hassle in town, for broadly similar reasons, people would want to be pretty desperate to target me when there's more low hanging fruit out there. I was targeted once when I was 17 at a kids disco in Waterford, by a guy who I assume had a case of small man syndrome.

Small person racist

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back