If I owned a pub I would... (2 Viewers)

As a blow-in, you'll have to work a bit to get people to warm to you and give you their business.
Target the younger (under 50) generation. Being friends with the church should get you the rest.
Shyness is nice, but country people can mistake shyness for aloofness/snootiness.
Old people are the best, most welcoming, sincere folk.
Don't trust anyone under 60.

edit: and don't be shy, Hives. Be bold and don't take no shite. You'll be respected for it.

My bar woman is from the next village over, and because it's a different county, she's treated like more of a blow in than myself. We all love her though, because she rules. She owns the gaff when she's there.

As a blow-in, you'll have to work a bit to get people to warm to you and give you their business.

being american might work in your favour though. You can lie and say you've traced your roots to that area but don't have enough information to be able to say for sure who you're related to.

Change your name to Ryan (pretty generic name in Tipperary) and tell them your ancestors were cobblers that were mostly wiped out by the famine and those that weren't emigrated to the Shtates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back