Homemade Burgers (1 Viewer)

platters

Website
www.myspace.com
We do this all the time and it beats the hell out of Joe's or Gourmet. How the hell can a burger be gourmet anyway? I like mine with pickles, beetroot, lettuce & mayo. We do chips too, parboiled and roasted in the oven.

I love homemade burgers.
I like to fry up some onions on a low heat with olive oil and finished
with a touch of balsamic. Let it cool down and mix Schwartz steak
seasoning and garlic powder with the minced beef.
Fucking quality.

We do this all the time and it beats the hell out of Joe's or Gourmet. How the hell can a burger be gourmet anyway? I like mine with pickles, beetroot, lettuce & mayo. We do chips too, parboiled and roasted in the oven.

Thats exactly what we do as well.EXACTLY!

Gorgeous.Jane puts crunched up cream crackers and mustard in her burgers.Tasty.I lash in garlic and onion.

The 7 NT method -
Pick out the pieces of sirloin you like at the butchers and get them to grind it for you there.
Or if you have a food processor just put some cubed sirloin in with some onion chunks and pulse it coarsely - finer than chopped, but not much.
Season lightly with S&P in a bowl and form your burger shapes lightly by hand, avoiding compressing the meat too much. Figure about 2 burgers per pound of steak, give or take.
Cook on a hot fire grill 3 to 4 minutes a side, slightly off the direct heat.
Garnish as you like.

To mix it up a bit you can form your burgers around a piece of mozzarella or other cheese you like and let it melt into the burger during the grilling.

That may not be gourmet but it takes only a little bit more effort than lashing a few burgers on the pan.

To mix it up a bit you can form your burgers around a piece of mozzarella or other cheese you like and let it melt into the burger during the grilling.

Thats a flipping stunning idea.
Thats my next burger right there.

Homemade burgers rule.

You can freeze them while still raw too, cut squares of greaseproof paper bigger than the burgers and stack them separated by squares of greaseproof so that they don't stick together. Then put them in a freezer bag (or you can freeze them on a sheet of greaseproof on a tray and then put in a bag). Lets you take out single burgers if you need to.

Homemade burgers rule.

You can freeze them while still raw too, cut squares of greaseproof paper bigger than the burgers and stack them separated by squares of greaseproof so that they don't stick together. Then put them in a freezer bag (or you can freeze them on a sheet of greaseproof on a tray and then put in a bag). Lets you take out single burgers if you need to.

Thats another good suggestion.
I lurve burgers.

I'm making my bird make me some of them burgers with the cheese inside on Saturday.

I loves me romantic burgers so I do.

In'n'Out Double Double Monster Style.
Two patties, two slices of cheddar. Lettuce, fried onions, pickles, tomato. Pan fry the burgers in Frenches mustard. Melt cheese on the burgers, stack.

when "beating the meat" you should add a small bit of oxtail soup, not too much thou. this helps the burger hold together better and means it doesnt try up when cooking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back