Home improvement (3 Viewers)

Can't think where else to ask so here goes.
Someone I know works in glasshouses and is looking to source more of these things. They use them to hang electrical cables, but that may not have been their original purpose.
What are they called? Do any of you recognise it? View attachment 18047

It looks a bit like something Unicol might do, but definitely isn't. For hanging tv's.

As has been said, making one would be a good project for a metalwork apprentice or an enthusiastic person who posts on Thumped.

yeah, i made the mistake of using it on the guitar neck when i made the guitar. took about a month between applying the first of the two coats, to it being finally cured.

there are (bedroom) floors in my parents house i sanded and varnished nearly 30 years ago, with water based acrylic, which are still in fine condition. wouldn't be so sure it'd last as well in high traffic areas.
the stuff i'm using now claims to be for light traffic areas - but only specifies two coats on the instructions. i'd regard three coats as a bare minimum.

Cool

Gonna try something like this for next time. The timber in this house are old as fuck

Yup

Metalworkers will make you most anything
Cool

Gonna try something like this for next time. The timber in this house are old as fuck

Definitely an non-woke product there

you should be able to run both 2.4ghz and 5ghz at the same time

I finally started trying to sort this entirely because a certain county is in div 2 this year and is only viewable playing on youtube.

Pricks at vodaphone have stuck an app in to control the 2.4/5ghz settings in the back end (the 198.number.number place)
Downloaded the app to try and sort it that way and the app has nothing whatsoever.

I'll annoy their customer service early next week.

Has anyone got a cool spice rack they wanna show me?

I'm finally through project soup far enough to turn my attention to this one.

It's a limited space and I'll be using pine or Poplar because I have dead ones of those already. Gloss white and Matt black are in the mix already too.

It'll be very prominent in the kitchen so I wanna check under the relevant rocks a bit before I settle on a design.

It'll be a week or two before this gets finished properly; in the end the design was pared down to 'as many spices as can fit in that space'.

This is the unassembled, unpainted mid build test fit. There will be bits to stop all the spices waterfalling onto the floor every two days, this was just a sanity check.

IMG_20240121_123753.jpg

It'll be a week or two before this gets finished properly; in the end the design was pared down to 'as many spices as can fit in that space'.

This is the unassembled, unpainted mid build test fit. There will be bits to stop all the spices waterfalling onto the floor every two days, this was just a sanity check.

View attachment 18072
Very solid looking.
How did you router for the shelves?

Do you need those legs at the top and bottom?
Might look better without them when it's all painted up.

ETA - yeah, I see you need them for rigidity

Very solid looking.
How did you router for the shelves?

Do you need those legs at the top and bottom?
Might look better without them when it's all painted up.

ETA - yeah, I see you need them for rigidity
yes router for the shelves, table saw for everything else.

There's a little lintel style piece at the bottom thats going to be where it screws to the wall, there's one going at the top too. I am going to make them look less crappy though.

I'll usually do some research and spend the extra on the right one

I'm over 50, whatever serious tools I'm buying now are the only ones I'll likely ever own

I figure that good Makita belt sander I bought will outlive me by a distance

New hot water tank going in today. Last one can only be 6 years old but leaking out the bottom.

Dude is taking a bank transfer so no tip i reckon. I did open the Christmas Celebrations since we've no biscuits.

New hot water tank going in today. Last one can only be 6 years old but leaking out the bottom.

Dude is taking a bank transfer so no tip i reckon. I did open the Christmas Celebrations since we've no biscuits.
How did you get a plumber?

Are you in Dublin?

I normally wouldn't buy cheap tools, but holy heck those prices

I was mostly looking at the sander on the basis that I already have two but needs vs wants over here kinda wants one built into a shelf/workstation the shed. I've since decided it's overkill - the orbitale one upsideown in a vice does the same job for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back