Help me Fantasise (1 Viewer)

SGs rock, but theyre not great clean. Me, I'd go with the Tele and then supe it up with a hotrail or a humbucker on the bridge. But that tele looks pretty gross.

suppose it depends on what you want. SGs really do kick ass though.

A toughie , I have a Tele myself and love it to bits...a nashville deluxe highly recommended -great twang and jangle...but teles can rock too dont forget Jimmy Page cut Zeppelin 1 with a tele ..and did he have a front bum? i think not..he had big balls

Krocapile said:
A toughie , I have a Tele myself and love it to bits...a nashville deluxe highly recommended -great twang and jangle...but teles can rock too dont forget Jimmy Page cut Zeppelin 1 with a tele ..and did he have a front bum? i think not..he had big balls
rumour has it that jimmy had his fair share of front bums. i never thought that it'd come down to a discussion on front bums to decide it for me. musicmaker are charging €999 for a brand spanking new faded sg. theres a couple of german websites looking for between €649 and €700. i was in germany a few years back hanging around guitar shops and regret not picking up an sg to this day. even if customs get shirty 650 + 25% = 800 odd. still a saving of 200 fanta yo yos. hmmmm.

ye...we're ripped off in Dublin. Its a risk buying a guitar on the web, but ive taken that risk and saved 300 blips. s'up to yau.

avernus said:
ye...we're ripped off in Dublin. Its a risk buying a guitar on the web, but ive taken that risk and saved 300 blips. s'up to yau.
well worth buying off the net ..go to thomann.ie and buy it .it'll cost about 30 euro for the shipping and thats it ..I saved 300 as well on the Tele...

Krocapile said:
well worth buying off the net ..go to thomann.ie and buy it .it'll cost about 30 euro for the shipping and thats it ..I saved 300 as well on the Tele...

thomann.de?

I'm sorry to ask this question as I don't play guitar but what's the difference between the guitars apart from colour and design? Do they sound different and stuff? As a girl, I would go for the nicer looking one (cos I'm shallow) so it's the gibson for me as it's a nicer colour. I'd say this has helped you a lot Donkey :)

Floozie said:
I'm sorry to ask this question as I don't play guitar but what's the difference between the guitars apart from colour and design? Do they sound different and stuff? As a girl, I would go for the nicer looking one (cos I'm shallow) so it's the gibson for me as it's a nicer colour. I'd say this has helped you a lot Donkey :)

there you go - simple as that - get the gibson

Floozie said:
dunno "floozie". i've never played either amped up. i've held (in a barbara cartland way) both and i love the feel of the sg. from the research i've done and based on the sounds of the musicians who play them, the sg has a harder rock sound while the tele is better at producing the twangier brighter sound. either guitar can produce a wide range of sounds depending on how you process or dont process the sound either within the guitar or further down the line. its the original natural tone of the guitar that matters most tho. oh yeah and i'll straightaway be straightedge and have to give up drugs, drink and auto-fellation if i go for the sg. whereas i'll have to put on 4 stone and start wearing feather boas if i go for the tele. its really a life decision. and i really want to make the right choice cos its my 30th birthday we're talking about here.

Floozie said:
its a pretty shit foto of the tele. its a really nice dark choclatey brown colour in real life. rosewood i believe its called.

hey guy (man). see the motorhead thread for why i wont be buying one of those bad babys. i'd look like some kind of prick doing everley brothers covers down my local with one of those strap on antichrists slung over my shoulder.

SWFGGDV_R.jpg

this is what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back