[haven], Over, G Prior & Tuula Voutileinen, Deep InThe Woods 66 K Project Anseo 26th (1 Viewer)

desertedvillage

Website
www.desertedvillage.com
Chain Reaction & Deserted Village Present:
A night of Polish and Irish Noises

[haven] from Poland
www.myspace.com/havenproject
Over
www.myspace.com/oovveerr
1by1.gif

Gavin Prior & Tuula Voutileinen
www.myspace.com/gavinprior

Deep In the Woods 66
www.myspace.com/deepinthewoods66

The K Project
Anseo, Sunday, 26th April

[Haven] Maat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXzFYwSk32A

Gavin Prior & Tuula Voutileinen at DEAF

l_7811828021f0f92af6147c598e904513.jpg

Re: [haven], Over, G Prior & Tuula Voutileinen, Deep InThe Woods 66 K Project Anseo 2

some great stuff...

got a sort of broken flag buzz off the first couple of bands.

over : i was quite surprised when jamie and al told me after that it was all unrehersed and unplanned, i thought it sounded quite accomplished. there was a lot of space - dynamic range - in the sound, it wasn't a typical wall of noise. reminded me very much of the less-digital sounding stuff by sunroof! and kleistwahr.

tommy estel and jamie did a great improv of effected guitar and steady drumming which brought ramleh's "boeing" and the more freeform bits of "be careful what you wish for" to mind, which is a high compliment in my view. i wouldn't say it if i didn't mean it!

gavin and tuula : for the first half of the set i was very distracted by the dodgy connection in the mic which produced a lot of crackling and by the unfortunate ground loop bass hum, however towards the end they got into this wonderfully introverted and meditative groove of vocal improvisations quietly sprinkled over what sounded like filted and phasing white noise. it might have only gone on for a few minutes but i would have been happy to immerse myself in that for an hour at least.

i was really impressed by these three acts and i am very eager and excited to hear them again soon.

as for [haven], i missed the visuals - which people were later praising - at the start of his set due to being a degenerate smoker, so when i got to see him it was in near total darkness. i have to admit, his set was the only one i wasn't into, i'm not very keen on repeatitive 4/4 kick drum-based techno. i'm sure it was good for that kind of music, but it's really something that just leaves me cold. i also have a hard time listening to stuff that sounds overly digital in a preset way. i would have liked something that wasn't so relentlessly beat driven.

all in all, top night out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back