guests and lurkers - why won't you register? (1 Viewer)

i lurk every day.

used to be fun to come and slag everybody and 10 years is the last in a long line of aliases.

its just not fun to slag the new guys.

there used to be saps like nine et al who took it all quite seriously. the kids today are just to light hearted.

the buzz just isn't there any more for me..........saps.

Attachments

• cropper.jpeg
    cropper.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 106
I wouldn't post unless I thought I'd something to say like - don't think there's any point in jus talkin' shite like...

That's what most people do a lot of the time thought innit??

Originally posted by Unregistered
The Backeaters

What a fantastic name for a band, if i was in a band i'd change it's name to the backeaters. Hervs album should be called The Backeaters

you should so post more!

you're way more entertaining them most of the pricks

i haven't registered because... well I had registered but then something happened with the site about a year ago and I had to re-register and I wasn't bothered. I still visit Thumped regularly.
I have no impetus to register as I know I will not be posting. the reasons for this are:
There are established cliques throughout the forum. this leads to little private in-jokes that, although I can fathom after a little thought, I can't join in on.
I do not know enough about the hardcore alternative music scene to risk posting a comment, as I have neither the time or the money to go shopping for The Turnips' new album - a band made up of the drummer from The Backeaters, the guitarist from Shayne Doodle and the Plops, the bassist from Git 88, the cheese-liker from Man With Head and the tuba player from Moonpeople Many Faces Im Booop.
Most importantly, my opinions would conflict dramatically with those of the board's central users. I have witnessed metaphorical fellatio performed upon people I consider idiots and bands I consider to be the epitome of bland, unimaginative... er, bands. I appreciate that this is a forum for discussion, but I have no want to seriously slate people that I might know, or will meet. Equally, I have no interest in posting anonymously... except this once.

Consider this:
Your sitting in your local, enjoying a quiet pint and reading a book. at the table next to you is a group of people talking about subjects that interest you - music, football, politics, sex... You decide to listen in - we've all done it - and you hear some pretty funny things. You might even steal a couple of jokes for your mates later. there's even a few interesting discussions about topical issues.
Do you turn around and offer your two cents? Do you try to join in on their jokes? Do you offer an opinion on the dublin music scene, a scene that is predominantly made up of THESE VERY PEOPLE?

No.

I wouldn't anyway.

Yeah, but cheese-liker is more absurd cos he's totally useless. You could have a guy on stage licking cheese and it would be pretty funny. But the cheese-liker is just a bloke that likes cheese. That's his role in the band. He doesn't have to eat it or anything, he just likes it. Doesn't really have a function in the band, yet he's still part of the line up. Kinda like Bez, except instead of dancing he just sits there liking cheese.
Brilliant.
True you should post more :D

most of the time i'm reading the site i won't be logged on - cookies no work for me cos of proxies etc. so i can't be auto-logged on. i only log on when i want to post.

Yeah, but cheese-liker is more absurd cos he's totally useless. You could have a guy on stage licking cheese and it would be pretty funny. But the cheese-liker is just a bloke that likes cheese. That's his role in the band. He doesn't have to eat it or anything, he just likes it. Doesn't really have a function in the band, yet he's still part of the line up. Kinda like Bez, except instead of dancing he just sits there liking cheese.

But wouldn't you have to like, hang a sign on him or something. Imagine, you have this dude, just standing there doing nothing - everyone'd be looking at the poor fella and pointing and stuff. Now, if you hung a sign on him like - saying "I like cheese" or something, then at least EVERYONE (not just the real anoraky fans who'd like collect toe-clippings and that) would know what he does (or doesn't, even) do. Nodding to themselves saying "oh he's the guy who likes chesse " and then they wouldn't be pointing at him like.

well, this makes a lot of sense to me. go "Moonpeople Many Faces Im Booop"!!!

i haven't registered because... well I had registered but then something happened with the site about a year ago and I had to re-register and I wasn't bothered. I still visit Thumped regularly.
I have no impetus to register as I know I will not be posting. the reasons for this are:
There are established cliques throughout the forum. this leads to little private in-jokes that, although I can fathom after a little thought, I can't join in on.
I do not know enough about the hardcore alternative music scene to risk posting a comment, as I have neither the time or the money to go shopping for The Turnips' new album - a band made up of the drummer from The Backeaters, the guitarist from Shayne Doodle and the Plops, the bassist from Git 88, the cheese-liker from Man With Head and the tuba player from Moonpeople Many Faces Im Booop.
Most importantly, my opinions would conflict dramatically with those of the board's central users. I have witnessed metaphorical fellatio performed upon people I consider idiots and bands I consider to be the epitome of bland, unimaginative... er, bands. I appreciate that this is a forum for discussion, but I have no want to seriously slate people that I might know, or will meet. Equally, I have no interest in posting anonymously... except this once.

Consider this:
Your sitting in your local, enjoying a quiet pint and reading a book. at the table next to you is a group of people talking about subjects that interest you - music, football, politics, sex... You decide to listen in - we've all done it - and you hear some pretty funny things. You might even steal a couple of jokes for your mates later. there's even a few interesting discussions about topical issues.
Do you turn around and offer your two cents? Do you try to join in on their jokes? Do you offer an opinion on the dublin music scene, a scene that is predominantly made up of THESE VERY PEOPLE?

No.

I wouldn't anyway.

Consider this:

No.

I wouldn't anyway.

Yeah....

I typed this.

Yes, Settler are indeed shit. Incredibly shit.
It is them and their ilk that keep me off this forum/Unregistered.
Thumped.com used to seem to be a place for "underground" bands (whatever you take that to mean).
Now it is just a big love-in clique thing. The whole "Things" scheme is ultimately no different to Gigsmart or Gigcity or the rest of that shit around Dublin.
The only reason I occasionally glance at Thumped now is to see what people like Rad Alarm have to say. At least he know's what he's talkin about.
Plus he has a sense of humour and is not waiting to get slapped on the back or high-fived by other board members.

That's all really. That's why I don't get involved or register.
I'm sure you're all nice people, but I just think most of you are in incredibly shit bands.
Thank you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH this has to be hag or the best poster ever in waiting. and i agree with you on the things / gimsart parallels most of the circus clowns here come across as completely ego driven dorks to me.

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back