GO IT ALONE - BELFAST (1 Viewer)

me when im steamin for one, i dont know whos straightedge or not here and i dont give a fuck, im not a violent person, i dont fight, im a;lso not condoning violence in any way because ive seen so many gigs ruined with fights, AND I HATE ALL THE EASTENDERS SHIT THAT GOES ALONG WITH IT! but people get pushed into the mosh pit etc. drinks get spilled, people get covered in beer, drunk people do silly things like hug people in bands, angry people do silly things like punch people twice their size.

this is what hardcore punk/punk hardcore is all about although you forgot to say that its a also bit gay these days.;)

I have to disagree with Kev Bones on this. The Go It Alone dude was well within his right to ask the guy to get off the stage, he asked him first then pushed him with his foot and he got headbutted for his troubles. the guy in question is already barred from Laverys and is now barred from the pavilion for life. Also worth pointing out he called the band a ''bunch of faggots'' as he was being dragged outside. punk fuc.king rock. There is an element within the Belfast punks that pretty much needs to be tackled. Capdown had a punch up too. Im going on record and saying that anyone fucking around at a gig I am involved in will be barred. if people have a problem with this i suggest they swivel.

but people go to hardcore punk gigs to fuck around although they should know their limits...hold on...their aint got limits in punk.

some one should tell the "beer swirlin on stage then wreck"fella that if he cant handle his drink then he should go XXX.

it's got nothing to do whether someone is sXe or not. that's just a silly misconception. plenty of sXe people fight the fuck out of each other in America, just cos they are wankers and just need any excuse to fight.

it's just some people are arses when they are drunk, punk or not. most people wouldn't say boo to a goose when sober. if someone is a little drunk they can be very funny.

That was a sarcastic response. I'm quite aware of tension between people around the world, I always put it down to them being cunts straight edge or not.

Seems to me at this stage that the guy not in the band was in the wrong. If someone pushed me around, spilt beer on me or gave me shit while playing I'd box them never mind pushing them away. To turn round and headbutt someone no matter what the situation is cuntish. Last time I checked a headbutt is classed as gbh(attempted murder teritory) up there with stabbing someone.

I'm a pisshead btw.

in all fairness i think that if the drunk bloke on stage was ignored he would have jst left the stage at his own will.

if yer confronted by a drunk in the street or at a gig or wherever and he starts to annoy ya then all ya have to do is ignore him and he'll be on his way but there are people that will see the drunk as an easy target and jst wack him in the face and there's really no need for that and thats why i go back to SXE cause i've known alot of em that go around gigs and start fights with drunken punks and i have been a victim of a SXE attack in a gig more than once.

in all fairness i think that if the drunk bloke on stage was ignored he would have jst left the stage at his own will.

if yer confronted by a drunk in the street or at a gig or wherever and he starts to annoy ya then all ya have to do is ignore him and he'll be on his way but there are people that will see the drunk as an easy target and jst wack him in the face and there's really no need for that and thats why i go back to SXE
Complete and utter bullshit.

if you're accosted by a drunk and don't react they'll go 'aha, i can latch onto this sap and wreck their head for the night, they're not going to tell me to fuck off'.

Jesus Christ, who cares about the whole sXe or drinking thing? Hardly relevant to this really. I know if some dick come up on stage when I was playing and had a pint around my equiptment I wouldnt be happy and would want him to get down. His drunkness doesnt sound like it was an excuse for his behaviour.

Jesus Christ, who cares about the whole sXe or drinking thing? Hardly relevant to this really. I know if some dick come up on stage when I was playing and had a pint around my equiptment I wouldnt be happy and would want him to get down. His drunkness doesnt sound like it was an excuse for his behaviour.​

this is about a brawl inbetween a SXE and a drunk so its totally relevant and drunkness does make you behave badly or worse than normal.

I doubt the fact that the guitarist was straight edge really had that much to do with him being pissed off that some drunken twat was on stage ruining the gig for him and there was the possibility he could spill booze on his equiptment. And anwyay being drunk is no excuse for being a violent bastard. I know for sure no matter how much I have had to drink I never start getting violent like that. Think it has to be something already in your personality.

You people sticking up for the drunk guy really don't have a leg to stand on and you know it.

if yer confronted by a drunk in the street or at a gig or wherever and he starts to annoy ya then all ya have to do is ignore him and he'll be on his way but there are people that will see the drunk as an easy target and jst wack him in the face and there's really no need for that and thats why i go back to SXE cause i've known alot of em that go around gigs and start fights with drunken punks and i have been a victim of a SXE attack in a gig more than once.

Was he not ignored by other members of the band at first?

Is pushing somebody away with your foot while your hands are busy playing guitar excuse for a headbutt?

Were you there?

what shite are you talking Varuka? Have you ever TRIED ignoring certain drunks? Unfortunately someone who is plastered is even less likely to pick up on such signals and fuck off and generally hang around being annoying as fuck. Drunkeness tends to lead to a lower level of responsiveness to those around you - so making it clear you don't wanna chat/singalong/be hugged often doesn't get picked up by people who are steaming!

I doubt the fact that the guitarist was straight edge really had that much to do with him being pissed off that some drunken twat was on stage ruining the gig for him and there was the possibility he could spill booze on his equiptment. And anwyay being drunk is no excuse for being a violent bastard. I know for sure no matter how much I have had to drink I never start getting violent like that. Think it has to be something already in your personality.​

You people sticking up for the drunk guy really don't have a leg to stand on and you know it.​

you must drink sensibly...most people dont.

i always stick up for the drunks.

I've never heard of any sXe kids fighting drunks in Belfast.
The sXe guys I know, Cormac, Phil, Connor are mild mannered lovely guys.
My friends, who are usually drunks, hate being around drunk people when they are sober.

Was he not ignored by other members of the band at first?some say he was some say he wasn't.

Is pushing somebody away with your foot while your hands are busy playing guitar excuse for a headbutt?no but i also heard he kicked not pushed.

Were you there?no but i've been chattin to people that were there

oo

what shite are you talking Varuka? Have you ever TRIED ignoring certain drunks? Unfortunately someone who is plastered is even less likely to pick up on such signals and fuck off and generally hang around being annoying as fuck. Drunkeness tends to lead to a lower level of responsiveness to those around you - so making it clear you don't wanna chat/singalong/be hugged often doesn't get picked up by people who are steaming!

i always ignore drunks who are annoyin me when i'm sober and they always go away unless its a gang who are llokin for a fight so i fight but thats a diferent story.

when you drink alot you sometimes get to a stage when you lose it and thata when you get more rude and annoying and you get into more trouble and you dont pick up any signals and the next day you dont remember anything...you only feel the pain from the beating you got and of course the hangover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back