Film chat (5 Viewers)

You can only get advance tickets for the new Denzel film in IMAX at my local

The Equalizer Times - Movie Tickets - Fandango

Now, I have to believe that it will be playing on more than one screen, so this is clearly a ruse to get people who are buying advance tickets to pay more money.

I've got their number.

I pretty much go and watch any oul shite Denzel Washington is in because he's a good laugh
Take that to the Ridley Scott's a racist thread.

Bankable black film star.

Shit films scripts land on his door step every fucking day

and yet he shines in every one of them because guess what ? He can actually fucking act.

It's pretty much everything wrong with mainstream movies right there as told from the other end of the problem.

Last decent film I saw him in was The Inside Man which was only okay and this is the guy who played Malcolm fucking X and Rubin Carter!!!!

Fuck hollywood.

When Daniel Day Lewis makes an action movie I'm never watching another film again in protest.

That film Unstoppable about the Unstoppable train that he was in was pretty good from an enjoyment perspective, and that film he was in last year where he played the airplane pilot, Flight, that was actually a real good film and he is top class in it.
I just looked up his filmography and his first listed role is "Street Thug" in Death Wish - AMAZING!!

The music is mad.
Soderburgh is actually completely wrong about the music too, good/fitting/effective music is integral to the 'staging' when worked properly. All you need to do is watch Vertigo to realise this.
Any of Bernard Hermann's work actually.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nuff fucking said.

If you’ve never seen it then I urge you to try your best. I would love to see it on the big screen.

Oh, I might go see it on Friday.

With my mate William flippin' Friedkin giving a chat about it.

A Salute to William Friedkin - Harvard Film Archive

$12 Special Event Tickets

William Friedkin in Person

Friday September 26 at 7pm

Sorcerer

Four seedy criminal outcasts risk their lives in pursuit of redemption, both legal and moral, by driving unreliable trucks stocked with nitroglycerine through dangerous landscape to cap an oil well fire in a Central American banana republic. Featuring a trance-like score by Tangerine Dream and a visceral, astonishing performance by Roy Scheider, Friedkin's reinterpretation of the novel on which Clouzot based his 1953 masterpiece is among Friedkin’s most daring works. Three sequences alone—a chaotic car crash in New Jersey, the unloading of charred bodies in a Central American village, and the explosives laden trucks crossing a rickety storm-blown bridge—render Sorcerer a classic and retain their power to make audiences gasp. Released the same year as Star Wars, Friedkin's audacious masterpiece represents the braver road abandoned by the studio system.

Directed by William Friedkin. With Roy Scheider, Bruno Cremer, Francisco Rabal

US 1977, DCP, color, 121 min

Oh, I might go see it on Friday.

With my mate William flippin' Friedkin giving a chat about it.

$12 Special Event Tickets

William Friedkin in Person

Friday September 26 at 7pm

Sorcerer

Four seedy criminal outcasts risk their lives in pursuit of redemption, both legal and moral, by driving unreliable trucks stocked with nitroglycerine through dangerous landscape to cap an oil well fire in a Central American banana republic. Featuring a trance-like score by Tangerine Dream and a visceral, astonishing performance by Roy Scheider, Friedkin's reinterpretation of the novel on which Clouzot based his 1953 masterpiece is among Friedkin’s most daring works. Three sequences alone—a chaotic car crash in New Jersey, the unloading of charred bodies in a Central American village, and the explosives laden trucks crossing a rickety storm-blown bridge—render Sorcerer a classic and retain their power to make audiences gasp. Released the same year as Star Wars, Friedkin's audacious masterpiece represents the braver road abandoned by the studio system.

Directed by William Friedkin. With Roy Scheider, Bruno Cremer, Francisco Rabal

US 1977, DCP, color, 121 min

I reckon Friedkin might be my favourite American film director. It was Lynch before but Lynch appears to have given up on film altogether whereas Friedkin is making great movies well into his 70s and is showing no sign of slowing down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back