Favourite albums of 2010 (3 Viewers)

Have to agree. Liked the first one so I bought the second. Big mistake. One is really enough.

In other news, the Deerhunter album is amazing though.

Couldn't agree less. I was really disappointed by the Derrhunter album. I liked it more when they were ambient garage rather than bedroom lap-pop. Like.

Up there:
CS407902-01A-BIG.jpg

chris abrahams - play scar
afcgt sub pop lp
the bastard noise - a culture of monsters
fennesz daniell buck - knoxville
heaven and - sweeter as the years go by
peter peter hughes - fangio
oval - oh/o
sam prekop - old punch card
rangda - false flag
john vanderslice - green grow the rushes

Couldn't agree less. I was really disappointed by the Derrhunter album. I liked it more when they were ambient garage rather than bedroom lap-pop. Like.

I've already started revising my opinion of "Derrhunter" in 2011. Starting to come round to this album, especially the gnarly sax solo on the second-to-last track.

Agreed, Halycon Digest seemed more like an Atlas Sound album than a Deerhunter one. It's not bad, it's just not what I'd hoped for

White Hills were one of the bands of the year for me, they released a ton of great stuff in 2010; an album, EP, rareties collection and a split with GNOD

whitehills_0311.jpg DROPOUT Cover AW Press Hi RES.jpg 51zONOeSvnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Halcyon Digest is my first Deerhunter album so I can't really compare it to the others (I know .. as usual .. five years behind everyone else). Looking forward to checking out the rest of it. Just got the Cryptograms/Something Else double-LP, which is also great. What should I get next?

such an amazing album.
I have to thanks Neilo for getting that for me, as it's also one of my faves of last year. I'd also agree with him about the Senking album (not least 'cause of the cool game included...)

Other new releases which got quite a few spins:

Zs, New Slaves
Moon Duo, Escape
Autechre, Move of Ten (I much prefer it to Oversteps)
Catherine Christer Hennix, The Electric Harpsichord
Nymph, Nymph

But the two albums that I think got played the most in my gaff last year were technically reissues: Charanjit Singh's impossibly funky Ten Ragas to a Disco Beat and the best pure pop album of the past few years, Beyond the Valley of the Ultrahits by Richard Youngs.

and the best pure pop album of the past few years, Beyond the Valley of the Ultrahits by Richard Youngs.

Yeah, that was a little gem.

Favourite album - Have One on Me.

Others: I see a Sign - Sam Amidon; Duree - Minamo; Dagger Paths - Forest Swords ; Face Tat - Zach Hill (quite surprised by this. I always found Hella mad annoying); Living with Yourself - Mark McGuire (found this a good deal more consistent than the Emeralds album, even if it was slighter sonically); Nothing Hurts - Male Bonding (maddeningly addictive).

I'm sure there were others still, but fuck it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back