Fans of hipster black metal (1 Viewer)

?!?!?!?!

So are Darkthrone hipster black metal cos they were on Peaceville!?

nope,just lots of experimental/kind of indy people have gotten into southern lord over the last few years, so i guess snobby type black metallers dont like to think the vntrve are listening to their music.its just pretty much xasthur,leviathan and bands that are on battle kommand cause as far as i know their distributed through/coreleased with sl now aswell,just picked up on it posting on the odd black metal board,its petty snobbery.
saying that i dont see the appeal of most of those bands,leviathan is great,most of it seems generic as fuck bm sold to a new audience,crebain being the best example i can think of.

Crebain are also amazing...generic is a good word in my book...as in, sticking to a genre...better than such ideas as mixing hip-hop & metal for instance...bring on the generic.

not really mad into this cover, anyway when it comes to metal, i just pikced up that Death Breath 7" today, fuckin amazing, go Nicke Anderson.|..|

i listened to the album and t bored the shit out of me. so i gave it two more listens and left it at that. it didnt get any better.

ps black metal is shit. .|..| hardcore bands apeing black flag over an over again is also shit..|..|

so to summerise...yer all wrong.

No you're wrong,the Death Breath recod is incredible,one of the better recent metal records. And I'd take hardcore bands apeing Black Flag again and again before most of what passes as hardcore these days.

Jaysus Gary, you're gettin awful controversial in your old age. Too much internet is turnin you into a wild man, maybe you should try smokin some of that chronic shit?

no youre wrong... oh not youre not...oh yes you are...its panto season everyday at eirecore :rolleyes:

Crebain are also amazing...generic is a good word in my book...as in, sticking to a genre...better than such ideas as mixing hip-hop & metal for instance...bring on the generic.
split with leviathan is ok,other than that i dont know how anybody could like him.pretty much has one great song,the rest is fucking awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back