Fairweather Sports Tourist Thread (1 Viewer)

Bayer Leverkusen v Bayern start delayed after fans threw sweets on pitch in protest.

Qatar 3-1 Jordan in Final of Asian Cup.
ALL PENALTIES for Qatar.
Guardian thinks the pens were all legit.

Still picking up sweets in Leverkusen there was a lot chucked on the field.
Wait... they are nearly ready to go

Bayern had one attempt on goal in Leverkusen.
Xabi's lads very impressively controlled the match and hurt Bayern with counterattacks, decisive passes and a quick corner for the first goal (entire Bayern team were asleep).
A great team effort that more about being intelligent than panache.
Harry Kane hardly had a kick. Xhaka is having a great season.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This is maybe more for the realm of JOE.ie or somewhere, but I was sitting with a Scouse, so it counts: Once you see that a gesticulating Unai Emery looks like a dyed hair Alan Partridge, it cannot be unseen. It's the philtrum!

The other thing, ugh.

African Cup of Nations Final just about to begin:
hosts Ivory Coast v Nigeria.

Ivorians nearly didn't get out of group inc. 4-0 defeat to Equatorial Guinea. They scraped through every round.
Really loud crowd dressed in lots of orange.

2-1. Sebastian Haller scored the winner for Ivory Coast with a deft touch. Haller survived testicular cancer in 2022.
After sweating to get a best 3rd placed team spot in last 16 after 4-0 hammering, Emerse Fae took over as manager so this is one hell of a personal triumph for him.

This is maybe more for the realm of JOE.ie or somewhere, but I was sitting with a Scouse, so it counts: Once you see that a gesticulating Unai Emery looks like a dyed hair Alan Partridge, it cannot be unseen. It's the philtrum!

The other thing, ugh.

And now I know what a philturn is. Every day is a school day

Interesting; I can appreciate Lewis having some objections but I think he's protesting too much. He'd have jumped further if he hadn't had to be so precise about where he put his foot.
Without reading this I would guess that removing that skill is exactly what he's complaining about?
Will get back to you....
EDIT:
Yeah. Lewis said it is fundamentally changing a very high skill event.
The high risk of fouling a jump makes it exciting as it is. I wouldn't change it.

that limitation on the long jump was borne simply because they could not measure exactly where you jumped *from*. so it's the 'how far can you jump from this exact spot' jump - which is fair enough. but 'how far can you jump' is just as valid, i reckon.

one issue i would have with it (and i remember this being mentioned in the context of goal line cameras) would be that the technology to allow this would not be available to amateurs; and the sports should be equal no matter what level you're competing at.

No you see of you jump from a different spot for a longer distance but end up in the jesuit crocodile pit then you are not better at jumping than other people who didn't

Thomas Tuchel is leaving Bayern at the end of the season. Not unexpected.
So they want Senor Xabi Alonso to come back to Bayern.

Klopp not interested - still wants year out.

Bayern lost again at the weekend and are 8 points behind Xabi's miracle chemical workers.

Tuchel was very lucky to win Bundesliga last year. He blew a decent points lead and only fell over the line when Dortmund inexplicably lost at home on final day.

I didn't see the game, but clips of the ending. Italy clearly robbed of winning in France in the six nations. And not a sniff about it.

I didn't see the game, but clips of the ending. Italy clearly robbed of winning in France in the six nations. And not a sniff about it.
Ah there's a bit of a stink being given about it. The penalty at the end should have been stopped or retaken, the French had a coach walking about 'carrying water' on the pitch in front of the Italian kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back